BISLEY TARGETS

SPARKIE

In all seriousness (and in Nick's absence I am NOT volunteering to be the adult over the weekend) you should clear any of this with MC, as the targets are all booked in his name.

To put that into perspective, a little story.

I got to short siberia early one Saturday, the hooter went everyone else was standing arround talking not shooting or even looking like they were going to, so I said "ears on gents" and whacked a couple down off one of the benches, just to check zero. Having done that, I stepped back and got my mat out ready to carry on prone. A few minutes later an NRA land rover then pulls up and they want to know who was shooting off a bench as no one had booked any. I other words, rather than having a quiet word with me one of the non-shooting shooters had phoned or radio'd the range office :hmm: There are some very odd people that hang arround Bisley, and I don't just mean the first weekend in August :good:

In all seriousness (and in Nick's absence I am NOT volunteering to be the adult over the weekend) you should clear any of this with MC, as the targets are all booked in his name.

To put that into perspective, a little story.

I got to short siberia early one Saturday, the hooter went everyone else was standing arround talking not shooting or even looking like they were going to, so I said "ears on gents" and whacked a couple down off one of the benches, just to check zero. Having done that, I stepped back and got my mat out ready to carry on prone. A few minutes later an NRA land rover then pulls up and they want to know who was shooting off a bench as no one had booked any. I other words, rather than having a quiet word with me one of the non-shooting shooters had phoned or radio'd the range office :hmm: There are some very odd people that hang arround Bisley, and I don't just mean the first weekend in August :good:

:good: Yep, range rifle users are very different creatures to sporting rifle users in my experience, and unless we are going to be the only ones there, I would play safe and only use official targets. I was under the impression that we had booked the range and would be the only ones using it, or can anyone who has paid turn up and join us?

I'm not going to be an adult either.

We have booked 2 targets on 100/200 for the Saturday and 2 (?) 300/600 on Sunday.

Short siberia has about 18-20 targets so expect some or all of those to be in use, Century has probably 60 or 70?

Stuart,

The clue to how many targets century has is in the name. Although it actually has 108 now it oricinally had 100. I believe siberia has about 40 targets and from previous years there has always been some spare. If we can we can spread out.

We have 2 x 100 and 1 x 200 all day on the saturday and 2 x 300 and 1 x 600 all day sunday. Broken up by clay busting on saturday morning.

Bearing in mind that when 25-ish PW shooters roll up singing "Nelly Deane" and brandishing anything from a pike to a cannon, towed by a moped, does anybody believe that the other 50 odd guns will stay? To put it another way; Would you?

Actually last year it was the PWèrs that were looking semi-sane as there were "Snotty" types everywhere with pith helmets and black powder this and that............some may have been metal detectors too!

Bearing in mind that when 25-ish PW shooters roll up singing "Nelly Deane" and brandishing anything from a pike to a cannon, towed by a moped, does anybody believe that the other 50 odd guns will stay? To put it another way; Would you?

Actually last year it was the PWèrs that were looking semi-sane as there were "Snotty" types everywhere with pith helmets and black powder this and that............some may have been metal detectors too!

:good: Hmmm, we will continue this conversation Sunday evening, when the dust has settled over Bisley, the Fire Brigade has left, Armed Response Teams have been re-called, and normality is restored.

Stuart,

The clue to how many targets century has is in the name. Although it actually has 108 now it oricinally had 100. I believe siberia has about 40 targets and from previous years there has always been some spare. If we can we can spread out.

We have 2 x 100 and 1 x 200 all day on the saturday and 2 x 300 and 1 x 600 all day sunday. Broken up by clay busting on saturday morning.

Siberia isn't that cold so I had no idea the clues were in the names :good:

There are 8 100 yard and 8 200 yard targets on SS.

You can't say PW isn't ed-u-kayshunal

If your refering to the chap in the British Empire Zulu campaign helmet then I thought the scene of his wife doing some knitting on that folding chair was very disturbing to say the least :no: ..sort of macabre like a car crash ....you know you should'nt look but can't help it ;)

Could,nt eat but only drink after that sight :D

Not all but most paper punchers have a sense of humour by pass in my experience but as for the black powder brigade .......the more the merrier :good::lol: