What Mod For 17HMR please

tbeagley

Hi all,

i know this has been covered before but i am in the process of buying a CZ 452/453 varmint H/B & would like to know THE LATEST opinions on the following please:

The two mods i have in mind are the SAK & the DM80.

I can see that the SAK is cheap & a lot of people rate it for that, but is price over riding the eficiency in those cases?

The DM80 is now being marketed with a 4 week delivery by Decoying uk at £99 + p&p to your local RFD which i would expect costs a fee with your RFD.

:hmm:

What i would like to know is, (honest answers only):

1) is the DM80 worth the extra cash in terms of sound reduction?

2) being an over barrel mod, how much does the DM80 increase the over all barrel legnth by?

3)Would the DM80 fit on the 16" barrel or would it be best on a longer barrel? (What legnth).

4) What would be your recomended CZ setup? (Would prefer looks of heavy barrel)

Model, Varmint/American?

Barrel legnth for each of the above mods?

Thanks for any advice/help you can give,

Terry. :good:

Edited by tbeagley

OK guys, no replies so far,

have researched & read all posts regarding 17 hmr, mods & anything rimfire. Spent hours on here & elsewhere but wanted to know the latest on these mods before spending cash.

I'm sure there is somebody out there that can help, and just wanted an honest opinion from experienced users otherwise it's relying on my local RFD ********.

Please reply,

Terry.

Edited by tbeagley

have researched & read all posts regarding 17 hmr, mods & anything rimfire. Spent hours on here & elsewhere but wanted to know the latest on these mods before spending cash.

I'm sure there is somebody out there that can help, and just wanted an honest opinion from experienced users otherwise it's relying on my local RFD ********.

Please reply,

Terry.

Possibly the reason that there have been no replies to your question would be that we have collective experience of one or the other but not both mods, I myself have three different mods but as with most members these are on different calibers so cannot be compared.

The only comparison I can offer is between a parker hale and a sak fitted to a .22..... the sak wins hands down being both shorter and quieter.

There is an expensive mod that my rfd is pushing, it may be the one you refer to, he demonstrated it out back of the shop and I was not impressed compared with the sak, BUT you cannot form an opinion from standing just 10ft away as we were, the sonic crack from a .17 imo cannot be efficiently suppressed anyway. Having used a sak for some time now I have no complaints at £30.

:good: D2D

The thread I linked in tells you how much length the new ones add, mine is the older model and adds about 4 inches or so. Both the ASE and the DM80 are significantly better than a SAK on the HMR (I have had two ASE's as well as a SAK) and I would say perform very similarly in the noise reduction stakes. Where the DM80 wins it for me hands down is the overbarrel design, ease of stripping and reassembly and quality of its build which is top drawer.

Please reply,

Terry.

Possibly the reason that there have been no replies to your question would be that we have collective experience of one or the other but not both mods, I myself have three different mods but as with most members these are on different calibers so cannot be compared.

The only comparison I can offer is between a parker hale and a sak fitted to a .22..... the sak wins hands down being both shorter and quieter.

There is an expensive mod that my rfd is pushing, it may be the one you refer to, he demonstrated it out back of the shop and I was not impressed compared with the sak, BUT you cannot form an opinion from standing just 10ft away as we were, the sonic crack from a .17 imo cannot be efficiently suppressed anyway. Having used a sak for some time now I have no complaints at £30.

;) D2D

:)

LB

ase utra is about all you need.

:good::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had an ase utra and gave it away ;) sak is all you will need as there is not much difference ;) only in price ;)

not a lot of difference at all, when it all boils down you still cant get rid of the crack.

You could always try to give her away :lol: :lol: :lol: