Scopes

bullet boy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No probs fella.I just thought this topic would be a good one to put on and its had a really good response. :good:

just my bit of the green eyed monster creeping in mate all these top notch scopes mmmm sounds good to have,but saying that if i worked more days could probably afford one so cant have it both ways,well i could but i opt not too but hey good shooting :good::hmm:

I was looking at the BSA Sweet scopes. I just got my FAC application forms in now and am either going for a 22 LR or 17 HMR! Hard to decide! The Sweet 22 is designed to be adjusted for a 22 LR and the Sweet 17 for the .17 HMR! You adjust the zero for them and then you can use them very accurately out to range!

Some reviews for them are very good(although some are quite bad) lol! Anyways leaning towards a 22 LR atm because there much cheaper but we shall see!

Here is a simple list of MOST of the top end scopes.

Leupold (only VX3 and above)

Swarovski

Night Force

Leica

Schmidt and bender

US Optics

Mueller

Burris (top end series)

Zeiss

If you can afford any one of these you'll be more than happy with it! End of story!

Edited by WeihrauchPower

Swarovski

Night Force

Leica

Schmidt and bender

US Optics

Mueller

Burris (top end series)

Zeiss

If you can afford any one of these you'll be more than happy with it! End of story!

What about Meopta and Hawke then? :thanks:

Swarovski

Night Force

Leica

Schmidt and bender

US Optics

Mueller

Burris (top end series)

Zeiss

What about Meopta and Hawke then? :good:

Yes I forgot Meopta, that is why my post says "list of MOST of the top end scopes".

Hawke aren't top end scopes. Not to say they're not good I have two on my air rifles.

Do you really think Hawke belong on the list alongside scopes like Swarovski and Night force?

I thought (hoped) this had died - oh well . .

Not sure about this one :good:

Leica

They aren't up there with S+B etc but they aren't too bad either. There are probably some rubbish models but generally they're OK and better than the **** some people consider good. Personally I'm putting a S+B or Swarovski on my next rifle. After I've compared them.

I meant they don't make scopes yet, there have been some with their name on but they were made by Leupold with the glass supplied.

They may or may not enter the market next year, depending on who you listen to, I would imagine they won't bother unless they can make the very best or very close to it.

I agree with Fister and others who say that you can not beat good quality glass, I have a 4X40 Pecar Berlin Champion with a post reticule on my .22RF and its a huge improvment on my Simmons Whitetail, even though the smaller size worried me at first.

Its good at low light, and I find the simplicity of having no zoom a boon when it comes to judging the distance.

It has a better light gathering ability than my Swarvo which is a 3_12 X 56

I jest you not Balders,

Pecar was swallowed up by Schmitd when it went out of bussiness they made a very good quality scope, my old outfit used to use Pecars fitted to Enforcers.

When we changed to Styer they fitted Swarvos and we had quite a few problems with the Swarvo, the Pecar was sorley missed for its tough construction and crystal optics.

A chap I know in the Optics trade advised me to get a fixed power on my old Brno, he advised that variable mag scopes lose a lot on light gathering and if possible always stick to a fixed power, how right he is. Even with my Swarv on 4X the Pecar is far brighter and the fixed post is very clear.

You can still get Pecars from http://www.totalfield.com/riflescopes/peca...iflescope_1.htm

I got mine from E Bay and am well pleased with it, be wary of older tubes though, they have odd sized tubes.