Shotgun Licence application.

nickb

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surrey Plod seem to be doing something right - mine SGC was turned around in 27 days (Feb/Mar 2007) IIRC and my mate posted his forms on Thursday 30th Oct this year: two home visits (interview and cabinet check) and 22 days later (Friday 21st Nov) the Cert was in his hand.

Good work!

another post on the matter. :good:

well i again have put another call into the police headquarters lloyd house birmingham to speak to my feo that assured me their was no problems after submitting my app on the 30/09/08 but he wasn't in the office at the time despite being on duty from 1300 hrs i had a call from the office to say she spoke to her gaffer and i should here soon this is just for the interview but still today nearly over and no call as yet. he is working untill 2100 hrs so lets just hope i get the call if not well another day will come.

we pay for the service they keep us waiting

rant over. :good::stupid::yes:

northern ireland - first licence application submitted 4/1/06, licence received 12/9/06. one on one off swap for a bolt action .22lr to a semi .22 lr, done on 6/11/06, was told would take 3 weeks, got the new licence through on 13/2/07!!

having said that theyre supposed to be alot faster now, a friend bought a glock 17 9mm a month ago, got the licence back within 2 weeks, it was so fast the gun hadnt arrived in the shop for him yet lol :good::):good:

• 2 weeks later...

Thames Valley - 6 weeks exactly for SGC renewal and FAC grant. Was delayed as Thames Valley are in a mess with their computer system - out of the 3 shotguns I own, they only had a record of 1, despite me having sent transfer details by recorded delviery each time. THey were fine about it and admitted it was their problem, but still delayed things at least a week.

Somerset & Avon- 5 weeks. A friend applied, but sent only 2 photos, so they returned the application. He added the pics, sent it off again. Had his interview 2 weeks later (already had cabinet fitted), they called back after that and requested a police clearance certificate, as he'd been living abroad outside the EU. Having received that they were happy and sent the SGC out to him.

Probably would have been a lot quicker had he included the PCC and the correct number of photos.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in Staffordshire and they have really cut back on their firearms department, at a time when new applications for SGCs and FAC's are increasing. The staff are very good, as are the FEO's, but with a county the length of Staffordshire they are limited in how many applications they can process in a day. I put my application in last February and got my certificates in April, but that was due to my daughter not telling me a letter had arrived and delaying the process. I would guess 8-12 weeks is probably about average and you only have to do it every five years.

Sent mine to my local police department 3rd january. Rang Maidstone Fire arms department on 8th to check they got my application and they have and Gonna ring them again on the 24th to see what is happening with it.