Should airguns be banned???

Disco Stu

Had my first air rifle Gicardo mod 15 (tin plate Diana) about 1957 when I was about 9. Then a .22 BSA when I was about 12. Thats when the neibours started to come round for me to shoot the rats in their gardens. Still shooting over 50 years later. Shooting is a sport for all.

Guns and knive's dont kill people, only people kill people.

This makes me so cheesed off with this country !

Unfortunately a gun whatever type is only as safe as its owner.

Idiots do get their hands on guns they always have done and always will.

But why punish the responsible owners like me and thousands of others.

Idiots in cars kill people are we going to ban cars ?

The government banned handguns , has that stopped people shooting others in the UK ?

No not at all , the idiots are still running around with them , but the responsible handgun owners suffered as their hobby/sport was outlawed.

The only way the government can crack down on these idiots is to hand out massively detering jail sentences and this goes for knife crime too.

People seem to think they are untouchable nowadays , especially the young. The view seems to be oh Im off to jail no probs I will be out in a couple of months

its no problem. Well jail needs to become a problem , it needs to be tough it needs to be hard otherwise we are going to have even more problems in the future.

Never do I ever want to see Airguns/rifles banned it just wouldnt be fair.

If there was one thing I would like to say to the government it would be "Punish the individual idiot not the responsible masses"

Paul (Nacho95)

but I would support more legislation/minimum age etc. I think they should be treated more seriously than they are. Too many knobheads and chavs with them and no sensible reason for owning them

That's the problem, I don't want to see them banned, but I think that it is inevitable that before long they will be on a cert,

BJ.

Im not sure about anyone else, but tbqh i would not be ATALL suprised if our waste-of-time Government do decide to ban/control air weapons very soon, they are after points in the polls! I am currently in the process of nagging my dad to let me buy a PCP soonish. I was planning on waiting till I am 18 to replace my worn out springer but it looks like im going to need to move sooner than that.

Had my first air rifle Gicardo mod 15 (tin plate Diana) about 1957 when I was about 9. Then a .22 BSA when I was about 12. Thats when the neibours started to come round for me to shoot the rats in their gardens. Still shooting over 50 years later. Shooting is a sport for all.

Guns and knive's dont kill people, only people kill people.

Good post.

I had my first air rifle at a similar age. There is no need whatsoever for tightening the rules on airguns. Every youngster should have one.

All that has to happen is to severely punish any little scrotes who misbehave.

I'm fed up with the law abiding majority being penalised because of the actions of a very few idiots.