Two Way

ossa

When shooting with a friend I always use 2way Radio's. I have found them good for those woodys that come in from behind, or when you stop for 2 mins to pour a cup of coffee, just look away for a second and nine times out of ten thats when they will drop in. also very handy when ramblers or dog walkers enter your shoot, you can let your pals know exactly where they are.

Does anyone else use 2way or not ?, most of of the lads I talk to are from the old school (can't change won't change type) I mean floaters & rotory's are to advanced for some of them up here!

i dont but i may get some radio's.. mainly for the farming reasons with me 1 end of the farm and dad the other and if we had a problem we could easily contact each other.. but then he is a 'old school' type person aswell.. and he's younger than most people on here.

i can see the advantages enitrely by using them, and it is safer...

Aled

What about 2 cups attached to either end of a very long piece of string ? :)

Does that count as a 2 way radio ? B)

Well it worked okay when they did it on Blue Peter :) :o :/:lol:

Joking apart I use a 2way radio only to hear my mate at the other end take the p!ss when I miss a sitter

Jonno B)

mrs. webber bought me some a few years ago. We use them from time to time, but mainly on our annual trip to Scotland, as there is no mobile signal. They do love the batteries though. Ive often wondered if the cost of the radios is subsidised by the battery manufacturers.

They can be both a help and a hinderance.

webber

i use them on our rough shoot there great. i dont no if they are two way radios though because we have about 5 people shooting and each have a radio, you can talk to each other on them aslong as they are all on the same radio wave.

there great because its a small shoot and you can tell people to wait if there on a head if your finding a shot down bird, woodcock are the worst they just disapear when they hit the ground!

wouldnt shoot without them, never tryied them pigeion shooting though.

jake

When shooting with a friend I always use 2way Radio's. I have found them good for those woodys that come in from behind, or when you stop for 2 mins to pour a cup of coffee, just look away for a second and nine times out of ten thats when they will drop in. also very handy when ramblers or dog walkers enter your shoot, you can let your pals know exactly where they are.

Does anyone else use 2way or not ?, most of of the lads I talk to are from the old school (can't change won't change type) I mean floaters & rotory's are to advanced for some of them up here!

YP, me and sony boy no.2 use them all the time, now.

I am more than able to defend myself verbally and physically when the 'others appear' son no2, is 12 y/o and up for it but not able to back his claims.

In 2003 I had occasion to rescue him from ramblers. They told him he was going to jail etc.etc.

Soon backed down when I turned up. I should have enjoyed it but didn't, I wanted him to have a good days sport and he got scarred by *****.

So, yes, they are worth their wait in gold.

LB :)

To get the 3Km or 2mile range that mine boast, you both would have to be on hilltops with no obstruction between you.

I find that the range varies considerably depending on the location of the 2 sets and it is impossible to give you an exact figure.

I have 2 makes of set, Cobra and Binatone MR300. The Cobra gives a clearer reception but the Binatone has a better range although the quality of sound is not as clear.

the cobra are really good.my mate owns the company which imports them called sas products.the website it www.sasproducts.com. he was somewhere and they got a huge range i think it was something like 6-7 km line of sight. we use them went we go to game fairs stalking rough shooting and loads of other stuff.they are a good price aswell.

matt

We use them on driven days but they are usually avoided as our keeper sees them as the ideal vehicle for all sorts of verbal abuse - most of us prefer to live in bliss full ignorance and not know what we are taking the ####ing for! :o

On a serious note I beat on two shoots, one uses them one doesn't. Provided everyone knows what they are doing before the drive everything seems to work without them.

Pike

We have used the cobra waterproof radios for about two years now, every sat through the shooting season, i cant fault them. We had a chap bring some motorola dont know what model but they did not work anywhere near as good, as far as battery life goes they last all day without any loss of power.

me and my dad started using 2 way radios when we were shooting over acres of peas, good fun when you see your fellow shooter miss as you can wind them up something rotten :rolleyes:

on a serious note they are well worth it because if you see the pigeons changing flight lines you can alert each other.

worked a treat and shot loads over the peas because of the radios.

well worth it :P

• 3 weeks later...
Motorolla walkabout are very good, idiot proof, waterproof and can stand a few knocks. They come with a ni - cad rechargable battery but will also take 3 x AAs a tad expensive but woth the extra pennies.

Pointer.

I saw the 'keeper throw one of these motorolla's 20-25 feet on Saturday, his springer retreived it and it was still working. :oops::lol::lol::lol: