time wasters

p-a-s

just a quickie for all the lads looking to get shooting or a bit of experience.IF you make an arrangement to go out with some one that has taken the time to offer you a bit of shooting. would you please let the said person know if you cant make it. I almost let a member spoil things for newbies after being messed about last week,even my mrs said why the hell do you bother giving newbies a chance.now i dont want to name anyone and i dont want for this post spoil other oportunities for him or anyone else either.just show a bit of respect i can understand things like "i couldnt ring you as i didnt have any credit on my phone" but if you do find yourself in this or a simmilar position at least have the courtesy to send a pm. ok rant over now so come on lads treat people the way that you would like to be treated. paul,but thinking of changing my name to soft touch ps edited to add i am not trying to say all newbies fall into this catogorie

Edited by p-a-s

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a newbie myself, i would like to let all newbies know that by upsetting the great offers that some of the guys are offering, you are really missing out and could be messing it up for genuine keen newbies (like myself hey paul :lol: ), it doesnt take much to make a phone call, and if you cannot make it, then some of us others might get a chance.

I cannot thank p-a-s enough and cannot wait until we go out again, so that you can teach me something new, ??? , without taking my clothes off :good:

Keep it up fella, dont give up on us

here here im a newbie myself and cant beleve that people as for help and the take the **** , i for one am hopefully going to be doing a bit of pigeon shooting thanks to the kindness of a phew pw members fingers crossed , if you are a newbie and are offered a bit of shooting then use your brain and dont take the **** it costs nothing to make a phone call dont spoil it for those less fortunate that give a ****

hi all thanks for the positive replys.as i stated in my original post i wont name and shame. the person involved knows who he is and should be hanging his head in shame.and as for now i WILL NOT tar every one with the same brush and i WILL continue to offer help,advice or shooting or any of the hunting pursuits that i follow.i know we all have times when something pops up and we cant fulfill the arangements that have been made.but the thing that gauld me was the person concerned was online a few hours after we should of gone out and hadnt got the balls to even pm me.if he had contacted me i would have said ok thanks for letting me know and we can make plans for another day,just as i did on sunday when another member couldnt make it at least he let me know.i even rang the lad from sunday to let him know that my post was not directed at him.

TOM i dont know what you was doing in the hedge when i took you out but i took the dog a walk round that stubble field and found a pair of boxers there size 4XL are they yours mate,you realy need to get something for the ****es yuk it was orrible atb lads and just be on your guard. paul

Personaly I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that

it's a newbe or a regular poster.

If somone agrees to somthing and for what ever reason

changes their mind or even if they forgot a simple polite

message letting the other party know is the least that can

be done.

I think it comes down to common decency and respect for

others. A simple explanation before or an appology after is

the least I would do and expect.

I have also been messed about by people on this site, on

one occasion driving 90 (180 round trip) miles to meet somone

after 3 hours I took the hint that it was a wind up.

Some people are plain ignorant and it is not just newbe's.

Part of life's great plan I spose.

Cheers taz.

Edited by taz24

All power to you for taking people out but you've just found out about human nature. Give them a chance by all means BUT if they give you a lame excuse that's it one chance one only. It doesn't take much to call and apologise. If you accept an invitation to shoot (or for that matter anything else) you should make every effort to turn up or don't accept in the first place!

Hi p.a.s i know where your coming from there mate as i have been let down twice now and with no call or pm to say why ! but i can also say the newbies i have met and taken out have been very good and all have been willing to learn ! so dont give up mate as most are over the moon to get the chance of a days shooting .

Keep up the good work

Cheers Tom :)

ive taken two strangers from this site out with me for a wonder around dark fields :/

and they both turned out to be QUEERS :yes: , i mean top blokes :P

im tempted to offer a shoot to some others, but dont want this to happen to me. (and i find it hard to lamp by myself) :)

dont get me wrong i have taken out some good lads 1 bloke even gave me a great big bag of stella(cheers dave) i told him i dont want any thing in return (he did insist and said he didnt drink) i do it out of love for the sport and if i can offer less fortunate lads a chance then i will.when i started shooting i was in the same boat with hardly any shooting land so i know how hard it can be

TOM your joking mate i did try them on but they kept falling down not sure if its cos they were too big or the weight of that big brown crust pulling them down lol atb paul

I’ve taken advantage of Paul’s kind offer of “a bit of shooting†on several occasions.

It is refreshing to find an unselfish person who will put himself out to help and introduce others to our sport and the pleasure of country life. Passing on some of his expertise in the process.

Yes it is human nature for a small minority to muck people about, show no care or respect for others, but we don’t want them entering our sport and spoiling our pleasure, these are the people the anti’s love, the one’s that let all the law abiding honest sportsmen and women down. The same people who show no care or respect for their quarry or the land they have the privilege to hunt upon.

Name and shame mate, so no one else gets “suckered†by these idiots. But don’t let it put you off, the genuine new people need old farts like you (sorry experienced shooters) to introduce them and guide them, preparing them for the future and so ensuring our sport for future generations!

Yes its really sad that when someone offers to help others they are let down. If i cannot make something I ring and I also ring people if I am delayed and running late and tell them i am going to be late. Courtesy costs nothing.

I'm a newbie myself, never been pigeon shooting but if someone offered to take me out I would be there like a shot and I would even bring the sandwiches etc as well. Pm me please!!

I hope the person who let you down has had the decency to ring and apologise now.

para1 you have taken advantage of me full stop lol you cheeky *** but my friend you are old school and a true gent,i met you through this very site and i admit its been a pleasure meeting you, as it has all the other members i have met (barr 1)

Jan147 he`s had since sat night to make his excuses but still hasnt but (he has been on here every day since sat) i will admit i thought he had more about him than that, im 48 years old (no remarks please)and have been round the block more than once and thought i was a good judge of character but it just shows how wrong you can be if you lived nearer mate you would get an invite, as will other newbies but next time i will do things a bit different.(1) i will not take rifle/s out of safe untill i know the guest is in burton on trent(2)no newbies will cross my door until i have gained there trust(3)i will not waste my phone credit. sorry if this seems harsh but once bitten twice shy paul

:hmm: Im not a newbie by any means but still find it hard to believe that anyone would make such arrangements and then let you down without a decent excuse.....and no credit on the phone is ****.....they dont know anyone else that has a phone...yeah right . Opportunities like this are rare, hats off to pas for trying, i have 3 mates that I took along that now all shoot regularly but to take total strangers!!...Hats off dude!! :hmm:

i got invited by a guy off here (george123456789) and he took me shooting as he lives about 15mins away from me and iv been out with him twice and he is a legend :hmm: i shot my first rabbit(4) and pigeon with him he let me use his gun which is a beast lol - Beretta 686 , very nice gun. i would never ever let him down in the way you have said.

EVIL i havent even had an excuse or an explanaition off the lad, i was using the no credit on phone as an example a free pm would have been better than complete silence i did hope that this thread might have shamed him into responding but it hasnt. he must have more front than blackpool ah well live n learn

SALTASH fair play to you chap. its reasuring to know that so many people have posted and backed me on this issue.as i did ask my self before post 1 if i was over reacting a bit, and you lads have shown that i was right i take my hat off to you all. anyone that knows me knows i would rather do some one a good turn than a bad 1 and a lot of the time its at my expense.but thats the sort of bloke i am and i guess will always be.paul