Recommendations for digital camera

CEREALTHRILLER

If you want to keep it really simple, i would go for something like a kodak easyshare, they do not come any simpler and you can get a good deal on a camera/printer package, she would'nt even need the pc to print her snaps.

I bought a top of the range sony cybershot with a digital screen view finder, avoid the screen view finder models as its a complete nightmare in the sun, barely usable so its a point and guess!

Edited by Hot-Shot

I got a new nikon coolpix S520 around a month ago after a lot of research into the many different types and makes. It was offer from currys for around £90 which considering it was £200 when it cam out originally. it has problems with low light conditions and doesnt have all the bells and whistles of the sony ones but it has severed me well so far.

I wouldnt go for a kodak camera i know a few people that have had nothing but problems with them and eventually changed them.

Edited by Northerner

Why not get her a pay as you go with a camera. Seeing she's getting on a bit, you can keep tabs on her.

Mind it'll be down to you to show her how to use it, charge it,top it up, printt the photo's

on second thought's get her a sketch book cause you'll be doing the printing anyway :good:

a month ago I got a samsung s1065.

it came with 4 durocell batteries and took over 80 photo's with them before I fitted 2600 rechargables.

from which i am getting over 150 pics per charge.

it has hundreds of different settings too many to list but.

set on auto it is a simple point and press.

10 mp gives you cracking clear photo's plus the 2 gig sd card sold seperate it holds god knows how many piccies.

the pc software works well and is easy to use.

the camera cost me £79 plus £9.99 for the 2 gig card on special offer.

its a nice small camera with big possibillities.

From Argos.

I have had several in the past but this one far exceeds the others. :good:

Edited by peter-peter

I know I shouldn't say it Pete, but I have to!

If you had gone to eBuyer you could have got the new s1070 delivered to your door, saved a tenner and got an 8 gig card for £9.99

Personally I won't buy anything now from the likes of Argos, Comet, Currys, PC word etc. without searching online

But I'm a tight *** where being ripped off is concerned :good:;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-S1070-Digi...8302&sr=1-6