Received this email: Warning to shooters

Teal

So if I didn't drink before the shoot or while I was shooting and I was not driving why the hell should I seemingly be able to fall foul to some jackboot authoritarian t**t who wants to act as judge jury and seemingly white paper passer without being elected? and considers that having a drink which may or may not put you in breach of legislation regards being in charge of a motor vehicle is worthy of use unfairly to shooters in general and for any drummed up reason, no wonder the police of this country are alienated as never before from the very people they are supposed to serve.

cheers KW

From the above I would tend to disagree.........or perhaps it`s your way of debating things ??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry mate you may not like this but i think they done the right thing as i wouldnt like to bump into some one who is peed with a shotgun.

specialy if they were driving about.bad enough dealing with people with out shotguns.

i think your basc reply was in one way trying to say its ok when reality is it is not allowed.

why would you have a shotgun on you when you have been drinking?

come on lads lets go the pub grab your shottys :lol: dont sound right does it.

is basc actually saying it is ok to drive round drunk with a shotgun then?thats what it seems.

i dont mean that in a bad way but its bad enough with people who are drunk as it is never mind them being allowed to have a shotty on them while drunk weather locked in a car safe or not as its so easy to get into trouble when drunk.

just my opinion.

An interesting point came up in discussion today.

What if you were a drunk passenger but had lent your gun (lawfully) to the sober driver who was also a license holder?

im sure he would have got arrested as it would have to be on his ticket.

im not to sure though but hey grab your shottys and lets go the pub lol. :lol:

Well, it doesn't matter anyway because BASC have confirmed this "email" that has been doing the rounds is a spoof anyways.

Harry has confirmed that the police can't brethalise a passenger and my mate Dave came up with the idea of passing your guns onto your sober mate who was driving, under the 48 hours rule.

So, in summary, nothing to see here.

I would add that staying sober for a days shooting is a given, but once the shooting is over and the guns cleaned and packed away I really don't see why I can't have a drink if a sober friend is going to run me home.

I think that we can ignore this e-mail as a scam . But its amazing how quick we can start slagging the police off for something that is not true . I to agree that our civil libertys are being erroded but that is not the fault of the cops ,it all comes from westminster their the ones who are accountable . I am a law and order man and have allways supported the police and have seen first hand what can happen when law and order breaks down and anarchy rules , its not a pretty sight . Please stop slagging the police off , if you agree to the rule of law then its your duty to support them . Harnser .

as a long term designated "sober" driver and sgc holder the question i would like to ask is this.ok we have a car full of potentially inebriated shooters.the guns are locked in the boot and the driver is responsible for them.what if the driver is a non shooter and has no certificate. he has access to the guns which is an offence on its own.just wondering ?