Gloves

taz24

I don't know if you wear gloves or not while shooting, but with the

cold weather I have started for the first time to wear gloves.

I have found a pair of thin neopreen / gortex type material with a friction

type grip on the front to aid grip. Very thin but but perfect to keep my hands

warm in what has been some very cold, wet and snowy weather.

They were from my local market from a guy who sells army surplus and

horse equipment and they are made for riders to wear. Because they are

thin and tight I lost no flexability or feel for the triger.

They only cost £2.50 which is excelent value.

So if you want a pair of gloves that seem to be excelent for shooters

then look at your local horse trader type shop.

Cheers taz.

Fancy setting up a group buy Taz?

Off to lincoln christmas market now but if I cant find any there I wouldn't mind a set from your guy!

I would go back and get more pairs and forward them to anyone who fancies a pair.

But I have had a closer look at them and they are not Gortex or Neopreen

they are made of cotton. They are extreemly flexible and as Cranfield says they fit

like a second skin. My hands are quite small and the medium fit me well but they do

come in extra small, small, medium and large. If you have goal keeper size, large hands

I don't know how well the large pair will fit but for a few quid its worth a try.

They have extra stitching and reinforcment between the thumb and forefinger, the

little and ring finger. Its for where the reins are held so for the price they are good

quality. Probably made in some chineese or indian sweat shop :good:

taz.

Edited by taz24

i have 2 pairs of gloves i use depending on the weather; green leather gloves with a foldback right index finger i wear most of the time; and green fingerless wooly gloves for very cold weather. my mate recently gave me a pair of electricians gloves he uses for work - theyre like a thin cottony material but the inside of the palms and fingers is coated with a gray rubber/latex; it gives excellent grip and theyre warm and snug fitting, plus he says they only cost about £3 a pair; only problem is theyre white, but that can be easily sorted with a soak in some green or black dye

Sound pretty good which market is it Tazz? :lol:

stag :hmm:

Doncaster market.

Its a permanent one out side the market hall and the guy

sells army surplus. So he has lots of useful stuff for

eveything outdoors and a good section in equestrian things.

Cheers taz.

• 3 weeks later...

they also have a website and sell them there also another pair that look good

http://stallions-uk.co.uk/#/gloveschaps/4531664087

hope this helps anyone who is interested , and cheers taz24 for posting this thread , have ordered a pair to try and if ok will get some more , dont like wearing gloves really but need some , sometimes so these look ideal for the shillings :good:

Edited by rsrjerry

These builders gloves are also good. Very cheep, excellent grip even in the wet, most DIY stores sell them, can get them in different sizes and colours (black)

(Link just to show the type of glove Im on about)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/rubber-palm-work-sca...A1%7C240%3A1318

Edited by chrispti

• 2 weeks later...

You can now get Electricians gloves in black, the main body of the glove is black cotton and fits really snug, and the palm and fingers (The rubbery bit) are a dark grey... All I've done with mine is cut from the last knuckle down off on the trigger finger and thumbs of both gloves, then just singed the ends to stop them from fraying... They work fine, not too fiddly for re-loading and keep your hands lovelly and warm.

Trouble is I've got a pair for shooting, one for working in, and two for family to shoot in now works getting a bit suspicious lol!

You should be able to pick them up for less than a fiver from most health and safety shops as its to do with the new HSE guidelines on skin disorders caused by work etc... Wickes or B&Q might even sell em now in the hard hat and ear defenders section, I don't know though, I usually "borrow" that stuff from work!!

Gary H

Not the cheapest but I shoot in Mac Wets.

They keep your fingers warm in the winter, are more grippy when its wet than my bare hand and I also use them in the summer with sweaty palms. nice and tight so you can still load and feel the trigger/safety without having to peel back a finger or thumb.

Fuzrat