How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

Et voila

RajaCwantstotakethepinkhathome.jpg

Sorry the picture quality is too poor to do the concreting on..........people would know its been photoshopped!!!!!

Incidentally mike, If you werent shooting with the Mafia then why did you wear the pink hat? Quite frankly you deserve it after being trounced by Suebear but if you werent with the mafia One can only assume that you wore it volentarily........................ :good:

Edited by Evil Elvis

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baz,

Could be opening a can of worms there :hmm: ...

Sue Bear said she'd shot a 43 yesterday so was a bit surprised to see a "53ish" score posted today.

Duncan got the lowest score in our group but getting the hat on him would have involved a trip to casualty for somebody, so as usual an altruistic gesture on my part. I'm sure with sufficient counselling I'll eventually get over the humiliation :)

Bit disappointed about how big that hat made my ears look though.

RC

Sue Bear is exempt from competitve hat wearing because she's a girl and shooting is a man's game (as reflected by the scores, obviously).

The other fella you mentioned was a newbie, who you deliberately bushwhacked into shooting yesterday with the intention of palming the hat off onto him. For shame.

However, worry not. that hat suited you. I reckon you would look quite at home with a rainbow flag, whistle and some silver space man boots Elton John would be proud to own.

Seriously though, next time come out with the A Team and get some pointers. Also you can beat Sue Bear and then argue with her about who should and should not be wearing the hat.

Incidentally, I am frightened of Sue Bear. She is someone to be scared of. I am relying on Broken Man to do the right thing and restrict her internet access to this post.

So many unsubstantiable claims :hmm:

Must admit it did look like BM had taken a whack; that explains it ...

There's normally so many of you lot though that adding 4 or 5 of us to your number would likely upset quite a few of the other non Mafia regulars. That said, you were small in number yesterday, we would have joined you but one of our number thinks that shooting in groups of 5 is about 2 too many...

:hmm: Dude you got off lightly....trust me:

Fishy barney

b_230843.jpg

LV

b_233138.jpg

lv again

b_000140.jpg

Markio complete with semented ears

014304.jpg

lv again...........

214524.jpg

markio brought his own version of the hat next time.........those ears....euuuuwwwww

000323.jpg

the baglady

Image002.jpg

and again

b_143550.jpg

hmmmmmmm

b_150313.jpg

Of course, I like the mighty Mungler have never worn it....................

Those pictures are so very wrong. I think we should respectively request the mods remove the last two posts for derailing Pete's otherwise very interesting and informative thread.

Well, perhaps leave the pics of Baz for entertainment value :hmm:

Sorry MC I saw you standing there waving your arms around, I thought it was better to leave you alone, several people muttered something about rabbits on stairrods or summit :-) and someone using something sounded like a cannon !

a poor 17/30

M.

I shot a 26/30 at my local on tuesday night.

I saw MGman and Merseadavid there but neither of them were very sociable. I don't know how they got on though, they have been a bit quiet ;)

Sorry MC I saw you standing there waving your arms around, I thought it was better to leave you alone, several people muttered something about rabbits on stairrods or summit :-) and someone using something sounded like a cannon !

a poor 17/30

M.

Not quite a cannon, it was one of the mersea wildfowlers using up his stock of Baikal Record cartridges in AAA's and BB's. Ideal shells for a 15 yard rabbit.

:blink: Bought myself a 30 year old £150 rough gun last week so I thought I would try it out on the clays at worsley today , well knock me down with a feather , I hit more clays today than I ever have :lol: talk about baffled :blink: :good:

It probably just fits you better than your normal gun.

I would have your normal one checked out by a gunsmith :D

Shock and awe, must be an MBE on the way. Watch out Mr Digweed :yes:

Chard MBE, CBE, DFC, VC, OBE and bar :yes:

92/100 at Worsley today in my first leg of the club handicrap knockout competition. Shot against one of the best shots in the club, whose handicap is 1, mine is 7.

Chuffed because I didn't need the handicap to win (I think handicaps are stupid :yes: )

He got 81 :) . So with the handicap nonsense added, it was 82 against 99 :P

Woop woop :P

Got Nicky T in the next round :yes:

Some good scores there! Nicely done chaps. :yes:

Just 4 rounds of gay today at Dartford with Digweed. 23, 25, 24 and a poxy 21. Lost the plot on stand 6 where nothing felt right. Still, another straight and 93/100. Another 4 birds and I'll give the registered another go. :)

Digweed shot decidedly averagely then pulled a straight out of his *** for the last round. :yes: Think we're both starting to learn what the mental requirement is for this stupid discipline.

Pretty mediocre round at Shawlands today – was all over the place and only managed 58/80. Then on to Dartford for a bit of skeet practice with PDLM and a few rounds. Again couple of reasonable rounds, one **** but managed a straight on the last.

Thought PDLM was heading for his first 50 straight at one point and don’t think it will be long before he gets a 100 straight - no pressure then Pete.