How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

A good day at JJ's for me. Was joint overall high gun with Bagsy when I left on 74/84. We were both in class B as well, which was annoying as Class A leader was 60something.

Made a lot of progress today as well on my bogey birds. Loopers, there were two of them, one of them simple, but the other was at least 40 yards out and ******* high, there being a whole second between the bang and the break. I was sweating a little at these but gave them 3ft on the way up just before they peaked, and all 6 were convincing kills. I was double happy and gibbering for a while afterwards.

The 10 misses were all simple going away quartering birds shooting too much in front, or being a bellend and missing the first pair on stand 1 which were very easy.

Mr and Mrs Broken Man were there, Mr having a poor round by his standards, and Mrs getting a good result on 56/84.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was an unusually good day for me today at JJs, glad I didn't know Pete's score until the end or the wheels would have come off!

I missed some of the easier birds, such as stand 2 - was concentrating so much on the distant looper I didn't give the easier going away bird enough respect, missing it twice up the left as it was quartering away to the right slightly :lol:

Missed four on stand 7 too, no excuses, just didn't hit 'em. Sue had a really good shoot and hit her first ever straight on this stand :oops:

Been shooting poo recently so it was nice to put a good card in for a change.

Shot a 70 today at Shugborough going round with the trilogy of experienced shooters that is Ron, Terry and Roger :lol:

Very impressed with Shugborough, no gimme's at all and some good testing simmo stands too :oops:

The learning curve continues but it would be nice to put everything together for 100-birds solid rather than concentrate on certain areas of knowledge one week and different areas the next ??????:hmm:

Shot a 70 today at Shugborough going round with the trilogy of experienced shooters that is Ron, Terry and Roger :lol:

Very impressed with Shugborough, no gimme's at all and some good testing simmo stands too :oops:

The learning curve continues but it would be nice to put everything together for 100-birds solid rather than concentrate on certain areas of knowledge one week and different areas the next ??????:hmm:

I think Ron's been on the pop. He's just posted that you got 92 on Claysporting :hmm:

73/100 at Caterham - some testing stuff but 3 (almost 4) straights

Just rang to find out I come second in C class to win £20. 2 cards in on 74 - if only i'd hit that 2 silly misses - still good result and adds to my first in C (members class) Gatton Bottom last week.

Starting to pay off.

A good day at JJ's for me. Was joint overall high gun with Bagsy when I left on 74/84. We were both in class B as well, which was annoying as Class A leader was 60something.

Made a lot of progress today as well on my bogey birds. Loopers, there were two of them, one of them simple, but the other was at least 40 yards out and ******* high, there being a whole second between the bang and the break. I was sweating a little at these but gave them 3ft on the way up just before they peaked, and all 6 were convincing kills. I was double happy and gibbering for a while afterwards.

The 10 misses were all simple going away quartering birds shooting too much in front, or being a bellend and missing the first pair on stand 1 which were very easy.

Mr and Mrs Broken Man were there, Mr having a poor round by his standards, and Mrs getting a good result on 56/84.

ahhhh but Pete, I had a second go at it......and got 78/84, which I was happy with...250 carts...happy days....Mrs B got a 2nd in the ladies...... :lol:

Edited by broken man

Thanks B, it all felt good today. 6 pairs on a stand is a chore usually, but today not so much. Looking for good Bateau practice now. :lol:

Taking up Ameteur orchestra conducting now are we Pete?

I think you may be looking for BATTUE practice.

I shot really badly this morning with a 39/50 on a hard ish set up, I wasn't happy at all missing some silly birds as well as some hard ones. I am right off the boil at the moment and whatever I do doesn't seem to make any difference.

I had a good day out on the pigeons with Anglia Sporting yesterday though.

Taking up Ameteur orchestra conducting now are we Pete?

I think you may be looking for BATTUE practice.

I shot really badly this morning with a 39/50 on a hard ish set up, I wasn't happy at all missing some silly birds as well as some hard ones. I am right off the boil at the moment and whatever I do doesn't seem to make any difference.

I had a good day out on the pigeons with Anglia Sporting yesterday though.

I hope your form improves for Saturday :lol:

You might be the recipient of the traditional Worsley "Rear-Ender" prize for the lowest score :oops:

spaceball.gif

spaceball.gif

2768974422_7c7fe907f2.jpg

Shot a 70 today at Shugborough going round with the trilogy of experienced shooters that is Ron, Terry and Roger :good:

Very impressed with Shugborough, no gimme's at all and some good testing simmo stands too :good:

The learning curve continues but it would be nice to put everything together for 100-birds solid rather than concentrate on certain areas of knowledge one week and different areas the next :hmm::oops: :look:

Good shooting there Nickyson :good: .

Keep plugging away

Wonder if a nice new shiny DT10 would give you a few more clays :hmm::lol: every little helps.

Ok not in the league of most of you guys but shot 35 out of 70 and am pretty pleased. Still lots of learning to do :good:

50% shooting real pigeons would be concidered good shooting . Were you fully colour co-ordinated and did your glasses match your blouse ? .

Harnser .

Edited by Harnser

Haven't been out shooting clays for six weeks now so fairly happy with my 40 ex 100 today in the club champs.

I did well at the start 9 7 6 and then it all seemed to fall apart, different set up to what I'm used to, not that I do that well anyway :good:

Still I was winning my class 25/50 when I left with an hour to go.

Only count the first 5 stands in U class.

I was using my old Betti today as well, I haven'y used that since may - probably NOT the best time to start changing things :good:

Edited by Wriggler

Good shooting there Nickyson :good: .

Keep plugging away

Wonder if a nice new shiny DT10 would give you a few more clays :good: :look: every little helps.

Lol - I'm glad that Bev doesn't read your harpings on about this DT10 I'm allegedly getting :oops:

I'm sticking with my B525 thanks - I'll spend the DT10 fund on carts and clays instead thanks :good:

The learning curve continues but it would be nice to put everything together for 100-birds solid rather than concentrate on certain areas of knowledge one week and different areas the next :look: :good::good:

Well shot Nicky, Shuggy was a better choice for you than Kibbo, can't quite work out what you're getting at in this sentance above, methinks you're starting to take it all a bit too seriously, you should be a bit more like Chard or MC, expect to do badly, then a good performance will come as a real bonus and morale booster. :good:

Cat

Edited by Catamong