How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete,

Where did you end up today?

Next weekend : JJs on the Sunday and Dartford SG on the Bank Holiday Monday - you in?

Was at the scrapyard today, and then onto Dartford for the Greater London All Round, which I ended up not shooting.

The Scrapyard laid on some pretty good targets actually....there weren't any over 60 x 70, my bud was on 56/70 and I 54/70 which were the top results by midday.

Next Sunday we are at Barrow Heath again, Monday is still Dartford afaik. :oops:

:rolleyes: Pete, be nice to meet your brother................

:rolleyes: I'll see if I can persuade him to come along. :hmm:

Good shooting Elvis and the gang :hmm: sorry i missed it, i had a party to go to last night and stayed at Five Lakes.Just finished sleeping off the H/O so it wouldnt have been worth rushing back :oops:

Still, it looks like you lads and lasses are fired up for next wk/end....looking forward to it, see you there :rolleyes:

Good shooting Elvis and the gang :hmm: sorry i missed it, i had a party to go to last night and stayed at Five Lakes.Just finished sleeping off the H/O so it wouldnt have been worth rushing back :oops:

Still, it looks like you lads and lasses are fired up for next wk/end....looking forward to it, see you there :rolleyes:

Alan,

You should have said, I was shooting about a mile from five lakes this morning. If I had known you had a hangover I would have got the Baikal cartridges out.

Disapointing today shot 40/80. Seem to be fighting the gun a bit if that makes sense. Really struggling with quartering birds left to right. Have no idea where im missing so cant make the ajustments when in the stand,very frustrated.Any tips?

Disapointing today shot 40/80. Seem to be fighting the gun a bit if that makes sense. Really struggling with quartering birds left to right. Have no idea where im missing so cant make the ajustments when in the stand,very frustrated.Any tips?

Have a lesson ?

M.

Alan,

You should have said, I was shooting about a mile from five lakes this morning. If I had known you had a hangover I would have got the Baikal cartridges out.

Hi Martin, you obviously hav,nt seen EE pictures of me with a hangover? :| I reckon anything less than stun grenades through the bedroom window and your wasting your time B)

By the way, thanks for the DVD, it was mighty good of you ;)

See you next wk/end, ATB Al

you guys are realising what i keep telling you. 90% is in your head. :yes::good:

its suprising me just how keen you are all getting over the last few months :yes: everyones competitive but some dont realise at first. :crazy::/

keep it up. :/:lol:

I think that its helping us all to shoot with like-minded shooters; none of us are afraid to tell each other when we're shooting below par and it makes a difference when people whose opinions you can trust can suggest what you "might" have done wrong :lol:

Did a quick practise down at Worsley today before the Clubman this weekend:

Shot two scoring rounds of skeet putting in a 21 and a 23.

Shot another session of skeet just on stands 3, 4 and 5 shooting a mixture of singles and doubles.

Finished with a 23/25 on the compact layout to ease myself towards the weekend ???

Did a quick practise down at Worsley today before the Clubman this weekend:

Shot two scoring rounds of skeet putting in a 21 and a 23.

Shot another session of skeet just on stands 3, 4 and 5 shooting a mixture of singles and doubles.

Finished with a 23/25 on the compact layout to ease myself towards the weekend :look:

I was going to come down and join you Nick, but I didn't get finished till 3pm ???

Are you there on Saturday?

I was going to come down and join you Nick, but I didn't get finished till 3pm ???

Are you there on Saturday?

No day pass granted for Saturday i'm afraid - we've got friends and family visiting all day long so i'm confined to the house :yes:

It's a small price to pay though for permission to go to Doveridge on Sunday :look:

Nicky T I saw some of the Doveridge clubman team practicing on the DTL & Skeet last night one or two birds kept sailing on, so it looks like it will be a keenly fought competition. I think the sporting part is being shot in the garden area which should'nt be to hard as that's where they use for instruction. I was chatting to one of the course setters last night and the 100 bird comp looks like being a good shoot with plenty of new targets being set up.

Good Luck

Nicky T I saw some of the Doveridge clubman team practicing on the DTL & Skeet last night one or two birds kept sailing on, so it looks like it will be a keenly fought competition. I think the sporting part is being shot in the garden area which should'nt be to hard as that's where they use for instruction. I was chatting to one of the course setters last night and the 100 bird comp looks like being a good shoot with plenty of new targets being set up.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info :look:

Looking forward to both the clubman and the 100 bird comp so sunday should be a cracking day :yes:

Best of look to the Northern boys at the Clubman :hmm: Sadly I won't be shooting the 100 bird, so all the best, I'm sure you will walk it :hmm:

Cheers Paulos :lol:

Went to North Wales (Sealand) today with Magman and Jay for a bit of DTL and Skeet practice. Did OK, but we soon got bored with that and went on the Compact Sporting. They had a few tricky birds on there :lol::P:lol:

Very nice blokes running the show there. I wanted a couple of DTL and skeet rules clarified and they were more than happy to put me right on that. :lol:

It's been two or three years since I went there, but I will make sure I go more regularly now, it's also a handy spot to meet Magman :hmm:

Cheers Paulos :lol:

Went to North Wales (Sealand) today with Magman and Jay for a bit of DTL and Skeet practice. Did OK, but we soon got bored with that and went on the Compact Sporting. They had a few tricky birds on there :lol::P:P

Very nice blokes running the show there. I wanted a couple of DTL and skeet rules clarified and they were more than happy to put me right on that. :lol:

It's been two or three years since I went there, but I will make sure I go more regularly now, it's also a handy spot to meet Magman :lol:

After you telling me (Thought you said all you need is 1/4 choke for sporting ) had to prove you wrong :yes:

Enjoyed the day mate :hmm: good to meet up with you again as we are like minded :hmm:

Ps, DTL how do you stay awake :hmm:

a nice little ground is sealand, but!!!! how did you get on?? :lol::hmm:

Not bad at all really. Did well on skeet. We didn't keep score, but I didn't miss a lot. Likewise on DTL , though I kept getting caught out with one that went well over to the right :hmm: . I kept telling myself that the law of averages would ensure that I didn't get another one of them - but I did, then another :hmm: ,

The compact sporting was good, but they had a couple of very distant incomers, that didn't really come in very far, so you shot them at extreme range. We all struggled a bit on them. I chipped a couple, then Magman and Jay got a few by letting them come in as far as possible and getting them on the drop, and I finally got them by hitting them on the rise, like a driven bird :lol: . Long way out.

Enjoyable afternoon, good company and I'm glad I got those rules clarified. Didn't want to make a complete **** of myself on Sunday :lol::P:lol:

Edited by Chard

I went to Parkford today on my jacks as I had a day off, I went on skeet as it suits my novice eye, had the remote control so had 3 second delay, shot from the gun down position, shot really well felt relaxed, oddly enough I felt like I had all the time in the world to see the clay rather than having the gun in the shoulder which seems to "Tunnel" my vision, what does everyone use to count missed birds ?