BISLEY 2009

kip270

Okay, so who is chasing BASC and has anyone involved David BASC from here?

Also leaving aside the range safety certificate nonsense, has the camp site and days actually been booked and if so when, so people can start getting the dates into their diaries.

I think there are a few that are well motivated enough who:

1. would come along for the chat, drinking and harley nonsense alone

2. who are able to sort their own range certification out in advance.

Book it and they will come?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know when the Harley is on? according to my club calender all ranges are closed on the first weekend in August.

Has anyone checked the date with Bisley itself. Otherwise we may all be keeping our ammo in our bags.

According to their site it is 1st 2nd 3rd of August.

Let's leave the guns at home and just go and have a good time - saves all the aggro, you can go shooting anytime :good:

Scared me for a moment there. :o

Google tells me the Harley Davidson South of England Rally is going to be on the 7-9th of August at Bisley and this is the date I have mentioned to the BASC and they have these details written down. B)

With regards to chasing them, Nick is on the case as I have hardly been home during normal office hours due to staying behind at school for revision sessions as the GCSE exams are looming very fast.

Cheers,

FM :)

According to their site it is 1st 2nd 3rd of August.

Let's leave the guns at home and just go and have a good time - saves all the aggro, you can go shooting anytime :good:

Now that sounds like a sensible plan Mr P B)

Hello all,

I am on BASC's case, although they are very much the middle man in this. At the moment they cant offer us what we want as the NRA/Min of Def. has introduced yet more rules that effect how easily someone can be deemed safe. Basically the way we were going to run it (as a BASC open day) cant be done, as the BASC are only allowed their pre-arranged days. They are however meeting with the homeoffice (im told in the next few weeks) and they will go from there.

In the mean time, if your a member of a club already i would see about trying to get your Cert sorted.

or if you happen to have a piece of land about 300 yards wide and 5 miles long i may have a proposition for you.

Hopefully pirbright labs are nothing to do with swine flu! (bisley veterans will know what im talking about)

Can we confirm dates and a booking for those that would be happy to go it only to indulge in heavy drinking, a BBQ, the Harley fest and maybe some clays?

8th and 9th

As i understand it this is the date of the harley weekend.

Clays are booked for Saturday at 1.30

I am up for some clays and a few beers,

I will be leaving the rifles at home after the last couple of years. I can shoot there whenever I want.

Is lefty around? maybe he could find out if we could go and shoot clays at Pirbright on the sunday morning.

I am up for some clays and a few beers,

I will be leaving the rifles at home after the last couple of years. I can shoot there whenever I want.

Is lefty around? maybe he could find out if we could go and shoot clays at Pirbright on the sunday morning.

I've sent the boss at Pirbright an e-mail and will discuss it with him. I'll let you know about numbers, costs and any restrictions ie non-sgc holders etc, as soon as...

Lefty

I've sent the boss at Pirbright an e-mail and will discuss it with him. I'll let you know about numbers, costs and any restrictions ie non-sgc holders etc, as soon as...

Lefty

I've had a reply the Pirbright chap and unfortunately, the Sunday is a no go. They could only accomodate a large group on the their Saturday meet - and although they meet every Sunday, they only do the 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month.

Doh!