Women swearing

Pedro

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think kids should be subjected to sexual expletives though. I think to talk about ******* around kids is just plain perverse. It is a bit of a sad milestone if it is thought of as an achievment that women can swear.Of course they can and do,big deal.

Answer me this though,is society one iota the better for the changes which have come about in recent times? The family unit is all but a memory for alot of kids. Kids are becoming parents as soon as it is biologically possible.Likewise they get stoned and drunk and some of them stay like that for the rest of their lives.

Argue and sling mud all you like about having the right to swear but your flying off the handle about such an irrelevance shows you are missing the point,bigtime.

I agree that no one should use expletives around children.

But I must raise an issue with your comment about changes in recent times? Are there people on this forum that really believe that back in the days when 'men were men, women were glad and sheep were scared' :wacko: that women did not swear. Is there some image that ALL women were dressed cleanly, shaved their legs(!), received visitors in their morning room, left visiting cards at their friends in the afternoon, dressed for dinner, ensured that the children were kept out of sight in the nursery, and never dropped their aitches?

There were some comments on the thread about the Victorian Farm, but the truth is that the vast majority of women in the pre-industrial age worked hard from dawn to dusk, swore, got drunk and were a little bit 'rough around the edges'. When the Industrial Revolution began, again a huge majority of women had to work in the factories. Do you think those women didn't utter expletives when they were injured by poor working conditions? The idea of woman as 'housewife' came about after the 2nd World War when the men returning from war needed jobs. Prior to that time many, many women worked just as hard as men in factories and farms because they had to survive, not because of Feminist principles.

Do you imagine women in the labour of childbirth spent their time going 'oh dear that hurts'? I'd bet a fiver that even Her Majesty let out a small expletive at some point during child birth.

The idea of women as some sort of 'fairer sex' who are set on pedestals, pampered, preening, untouchable doll-like, unreal figures, is one that only exists in fantasy.

For most women, since time immemorial, life has been a very hard slog, rough, tough and full of expletives.

The fact that we currently have generations of families making a career out of the welfare state, most of whom do conform to the stereotypes mentioned in this thread, is everything to do with the failures and weaknesses of the welfare state system, and absolutely nothing to do with the words that both men and women choose to use. Their poor grasp of language and self-expression is a symptom, not a cause.

Rhiannon

Edited by RhiannonBW

Thank you!

I'm still puzzled over how a woman swearing is any worse than a man swearing. I know that we're often accused of speaking different languages but it does seem rather silly to make a distinction between the words that are thought 'suitable' for the different sexes.

Perhaps a better and more useful thread would be around the occasions when swearing is, or isn't, acceptable. My vote would be that it is perfectly acceptable for either sex to swear when (a) a shot has been missed, particularly through the shooter not being as perfect as they would wish, and (b ) when one suffers a minor injury, such as a trapped finger, twisted ankle, object dropped on foot, etc. Excessive swearing whilst engaged in normal conversation is an unpleasant characteristic in either sex.

Rhiannon

There is no difference.. If i were to bed a different lady every night i would be considered.. However, you take a different bloke to the sack every night and you are a whore.. Sexism at its finest.. :wacko:

Interested in cricket and Yorkshire pudding?

You are a closet Englishman!!

I have been considering taking up rugby :wacko: Couple boys here have been on me for a few years.. I dont know as i have a blown shoulder.. Hell, if i was healed enough i would still be lifting.. Getting old really sucks sometimes mates :blink:

The idea of women as some sort of 'fairer sex' who are set on pedestals, pampered, preening, untouchable doll-like, unreal figures, is one that only exists in fantasy.

The problem seems to be lack of consistency.

For example, if I were to hold the door open for one woman she may thank me for being a gent, if I were to hold it open for another she may take it as an insult, that I am in some way implying she is inferior. You can't win.

For example, if I were to hold the door open for one woman she may thank me for being a gent, if I were to hold it open for another she may take it as an insult, that I am in some way implying she is inferior. You can't win.

The only only right way with women is to accept that we blokes are always wrong

Just nod and agree - trying to follow their logic is the route to insanity

The fact that we currently have generations of families making a career out of the welfare state, most of whom do conform to the stereotypes mentioned in this thread, is everything to do with the failures and weaknesses of the welfare state system, and absolutely nothing to do with the words that both men and women choose to use. Their poor grasp of language and self-expression is a symptom, not a cause.

I do agree to the extent that the welfare does not help and that society doesn't help at times either. But does that give them the right to walk around Tesco's in groups of four shouting out **** me that's expensive and I ain't buying that ****, infront of my children on a Saturday morning?

Are you admitting to being uncouth enough to not hold a door or let it slam in someone's face if they happen to have a willy? The simple answer is that someone with manners will hold the door open for everyone, and anyone with manners, regardless of sex, will thank the person who is holding the door open.

Likewise anyone with manners will offer a seat to someone who needs it more than they do, regardless of sex, though some elderly and enfeebled men take it as an affront to their masculinity and virility to be offered a seat by a woman.

Rhiannon

I do agree to the extent that the welfare does not help and that society doesn't help at times either. But does that give them the right to walk around Tesco's in groups of four shouting out **** me that's expensive and I ain't buying that ****, infront of my children on a Saturday morning?

Has anyone on this forum said that such people have that right? We've all seemed to agree that swearing in front of children is wrong, and swearing excessively is wrong, regardless of the sex of the person doing the swearing.

Rhiannon

Perhaps if I had said "does that make it ok" rather than "give them the right". I understood your comments about the welfare to make it some how acceptable or an excuse for the way these stereo typical people behave.

Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant.

This is a little bit of usless info but those of you who do swear it is classed as aggresion, public order,

sso those of you who do bewear as firearms holders are surposed to be squeeky clean

Under Section 5 (1)(a) of the Public Order Act it is an offense to "use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby".

So it is not so much what you say, it is how you say it.

In response to the OP I think that swearing, like most things, has a time and a place but personally I don't like to hear ladies swearing excessively. I think it is probably just the way I was raised, I further acknowledge that it is probably some kind of chauvinism but that's the way I am.

Perhaps if I had said "does that make it ok" rather than "give them the right". I understood your comments about the welfare to make it some how acceptable or an excuse for the way these stereo typical people behave.

Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant.

Absolutely not, and my apologies for not being clear in my posting. What I meant was the failures and weaknesses of the welfare system have created these families where generations of children are born, not knowing or caring what work is, and not realising that most people have to work to pay taxes to keep them in large screen TVs, cigarettes and cheap alcohol. The foul language and excessive swearing used by these types of people is a symptom of the type of person they are, not the cause.

It doesn't logically follow that anyone who swears is a benefit-monger, which is what seemed to be implied in the generalisations and stereotypes given in this thread.

Rhiannon

I completely agree with what you say, but there are still plenty of fems around who expect to be treated in accordance with the above (as opposed to ordinary common decency), and more annoyingly lots of blokes willing to stumble over one another to indulge them due to testosterone overload.

This is why I find it easiest and fairest to treat everybody I meet, regardless of creed, colour or gender, with complete and utter contempt. :wacko:

ZB

I completely agree with what you say, but there are still plenty of fems around who expect to be treated in accordance with the above (as opposed to ordinary common decency), and more annoyingly lots of blokes willing to stumble over one another to indulge them due to testosterone overload.

This is why I find it easiest and fairest to treat everybody I meet, regardless of creed, colour or gender, with complete and utter contempt. :wacko:

ZB

Fabulous :blink: Post of the year :D:/ B) B) ^_^

That's made my day

ZB

:D :blink:

Under Section 5 (1)(a) of the Public Order Act it is an offense to "use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby".

A top bit of legislation which I've used frequently. :no:

Unfortunately you have to give the person a warning to stop . This generally halts them in their tracks which can be disappointing to say the least :no:

P.

Looks like he may have been following this thread... Landlord bans swearing in his bar

"It seems to be worse in young people."

"A few days ago a couple were in for a meal with their nine-year-old daughter."

"Two young women came in and their language was so bad that I had to warn them there was a child present."

"They became stroppy and asked if the girl was old enough to be in the bar."

Well anyhoo,despite all the Fancy-Dan ideas bandied about on here we are 20% more likely to be mugged by lasses on the way back from the offy than we were a few years ago,according to todays news. The female descent into slovenliness to match that of us fellers can only be bad.