Watch Out SE England

ShaggyRS6

Nooooooo! I need to get to 'Scums and buy up their whole stock of rice and pasta before the new ice age arrives!

Actually, I'm not going to bother. What I might do is take Ted for another long walk at lunchtime so that I can get some more photos of him in the snow. Unfortunately it does show him to be a little in need of a bath as he's more of a yellow and black springer in the ones so far.

Its causing mayhem in Brighton at the moment. Cars and vans are being left stranded on the back roads. The problem with Brighton is alot of it is very hilly. I've looked at the traffic on the A23 leading out which is nervously edging along at 5mph on what is now thick ice and compacted snow.

Been doing the good samaritan bit with the Landy this morning. Towed 2 out and dug a neighbour out. Had to spend £5.85 on a new tow rope. :good:

I also dragged a car out of a ditch this morning after he slid across the road in front of me. I always have a 4 tonne towing strop in my disco, you never know when I might need it :good:

I also put a spade and broom in the car this morning. I must have been a boy scout in a former life.

It is a pity the car I pulled out this morning wasn't a Toyota Prius. It would have balanced out the ecological disaster that I caused by revving that gas guzzler a bit more to pull the car out.

Edited by MC

had to go out first thing pick my son up from work as he couldnt get home, so uncovered the disco from 6 inches of snow new she was under it somewhere, on the way down there I saw the most comical thing a tiny blue mini metro covered in tons of snow with 2 little old ladies struggling away down the road with the drivers nose stuck to the screen, dont these people heed advice its not safe to be out on the road in this weather, especially driving something like that....

doesnt matter what you got 4x4 or two wheel drive if you cant drive in the first place went out this morning and saw a nice range rover sport in the ditch.

Very true. There were many 4x4s stuck along our lane back in the 1970s, but mum's little Allegro always seemed to make it up the hill as long as the snow didn't come up over the front bumper! My ex had a Citreon CV which was brilliant in snow as the tyres were so thin they just cut a track straight through.

The problem is that there is not enough snow around these days for drivers to gain experience of driving in it.

Well i have just got back from work.

Unfortunately you can not leave Bedridden people laying in their beds for the next few days :good:

Roads where ok this morning .But in the last three hours they have got real bad here. Coming home i did not get out of 2nd gear at all.

And as we live on a bit of the hill i did at one stage wonder whos drive i was going to end up in when i tried to park in mine. :good:

Anyway just got to wait for Sweepy to get home now .And then we cant shut the curtains turn the heating up. And pretend we are somewhere much warmer.

I just hoping that it will not freeze in the night as i have a very eary start tomorrow. And i have a drive that i dont like doing in the nice weather let alone weather like this. :good:

xxxSuzy

doesnt matter what you got 4x4 or two wheel drive if you cant drive in the first place went out this morning and saw a nice range rover sport in the ditch.

It depends greatly on what tyres you have on. On my Landy I have the BFG all terrain. I drove around an Orchard this morning as if i was on Tarmac. It was driving in the snow on tarmac very well, obviously not hooning it, but it went well, and the slush it just dispacthes as if its not there.

My RS6, 4x4 Traction Control, DRC, Hydralic suspension = Fail. It has 19" wheels, its like watching dancing on ice. Would not even attempt to take it out.

It depends greatly on what tyres you have on. On my Landy I have the BFG all terrain. I drove around an Orchard this morning as if i was on Tarmac. It was driving in the snow on tarmac very well, obviously not hooning it, but it went well, and the slush it just dispacthes as if its not there.

My RS6, 4x4 Traction Control, DRC, Hydralic suspension = Fail. It has 19" wheels, its like watching dancing on ice. Would not even attempt to take it out.

i think this person could of had the best tyres in the world on but would still of ended up in the ditch because it was about 50 yds from the corner where he or she probley lost it and it looked like it must have ploughed along the ditch about 15/20 yds must have been caneing it. glad me or no one else was comeing the other way when it happend if i was i think i would be eating hospital food for a few weeks or worse. might slow em down a bit in future hopefully.

Well...

I'VE HAD THE BEST SCHOOL DAY EVER. :good:

We were told first thing anyone caught chucking snow would be banged up in detention for etertnity and beyond etc. etc.

We have had about an inch here steadily falling for most the day but the odd break followed by heavier snow.

Breaktime was carnage among the year 11's that no teacher dared go near. I ended up wrestling a 12 stone prop forward on the playground floor while being pelted with snow. Anyone who knows how big I am will know that wasn't the best idea that I ever had. :good: Lots of snowball fights too.

Lunchtime we ran out of snow on the playground so it just turned into a compacted snow/slush rink... which was fun. :good: Lost count of the amount of times I went down but I cant really move my neck now.

I love snow. :D

FM :good:

Bet your Mums just loving you at the mo FM :good:

The boys school was shut for the day.

We found out just as they were going for the bus.

Thats the fastest my two have ever moved .

They were out of their School uniforms. Faster then you could shout.

SNOWBALL FIGHT. :D

So i had to leave them at home while i went to work.

I got two phone calls asking where i had hid the food.

And one asking if their were any more dry clothes about the house.

God i hope the Schools are open tomorrow.

Get anymore water in my kitchen i will have my own flight pond. :good:

Waterlogged Suzyxxxxx

Little Sweepy has made the biggest snowball ever in the Park.

I bet its giving the old spacemen something to look at while they orbit the earth. :good: