a manually operated pigeon flapper?

HI, i am looking for a manual pigeon flapper --

can anyone recommend a good one and where to get it? i have seen one on a large internet auction site- but looks a bit heavy duty and bright.

i dont really want to get a battery operated model, as i already seem to carry a ton of gear!

suggestions welcome. :good:

i got one off of here i just put a post in the wanted section and ended up getting one for a tenner inc p&p. sorry i cant help you with what make it is but i wouldent say it was heavy duty though just an old green metal one but it worked a treat when i used it sunday realy pulled some in that didnt look that interested at first. i personally think they are better than the battery ones because you can make it flap as an when you want rather than intermitntly like the batt ones and it weighs nothing at all. if you get one try and get braid for fishing because it has no stretch in it and its very thin i got 120lb catfish braid. good luck

i got one off of here i just put a post in the wanted section and ended up getting one for a tenner inc p&p. sorry i cant help you with what make it is but i wouldent say it was heavy duty though just an old green metal one but it worked a treat when i used it sunday realy pulled some in that didnt look that interested at first. i personally think they are better than the battery ones because you can make it flap as an when you want rather than intermitntly like the batt ones and it weighs nothing at all. if you get one try and get braid for fishing because it has no stretch in it and its very thin i got 120lb catfish braid. good luck

i have got some braid i brought back from the US that has a breaking strain of 80lb - no stretch so this will be ideal - i will put an add in the wanted section and have a try - cheers.

as anybody got a diagram of how to make one ? or a picture of one ?

Hmm no picture as it's long since gone, borrowed but not returned many moons ago.

I seem to remember the one i made consisted of about a two foot length of roofing batton. On top of this was about 8 inches of gutter downpipe sawn in half and screwed to the top of the batten. Somehow i attached two springs (one either side) to the downpipe and had a loop of coathanger wire attached to each spring to fix the wings to with the aid of an elastic band or two. Another piece of bent coathanger wire made a skewer to keep the dead birds head up. A picture hook loop was screwed in halway down the batten on the front. Bootlaces were then run down from the bent coathanger wing supports down through the picture hook eye and attatched to a large ball of twine which lead back to the hide. The only real downfall of the design was if you got overexcited and pulled a bit too hard the whole assembly nose-dived into the ground scaring away every pigeon within a half mile raduis (oh happy days)

Hope i have explained that ok? If not tough :yp:

Hmm no picture as it's long since gone, borrowed but not returned many moons ago.

I seem to remember the one i made consisted of about a two foot length of roofing batton. On top of this was about 8 inches of gutter downpipe sawn in half and screwed to the top of the batten. Somehow i attached two springs (one either side) to the downpipe and had a loop of coathanger wire attached to each spring to fix the wings to with the aid of an elastic band or two. Another piece of bent coathanger wire made a skewer to keep the dead birds head up. A picture hook loop was screwed in halway down the batten on the front. Bootlaces were then run down from the bent coathanger wing supports down through the picture hook eye and attatched to a large ball of twine which lead back to the hide. The only real downfall of the design was if you got overexcited and pulled a bit too hard the whole assembly nose-dived into the ground scaring away every pigeon within a half mile raduis (oh happy days)

Hope i have explained that ok? If not tough :yp:

thank's for your reply . but it wasn't and extention i was asking advice on lol

a picture would be ideal .. cheer's

check out the well known auction site. I used one of these many years ago and they are excellent. I found that 2 quick flaps on the passing birds will turn them in to your pattern, but if you use it excessively it will just as quickly turn them away. A must have bit of kit!!!!!!