Will work for money

Billy.

I've been out of work for ages and I still can't get a job...! All my experience is in financial trading, which, I'm sure you can guess, isn't an area that's recruiting at the moment...

(Just to set the record straight, I traded sports CFDs so don't blame me for the loss in value of your house, that wasn't me - I promise :unsure: )

I'm happy to give anyone a bit of a hand, should they need it. As money seems to be slowly running out for me and nothing seems to be on the horizon :unsure:

I can travel between St Albans and London along the Thameslink line and the other way to Bedford. I would also be happy to do a bit fo graft in Nottingham during Uni term time, as the missus goes there.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, hence the post. Hopefully one of you kind gents on here might be able to help me out :good:

I've been out of work for ages and I still can't get a job...! All my experience is in financial trading, which, I'm sure you can guess, isn't an area that's recruiting at the moment...

(Just to set the record straight, I traded sports CFDs so don't blame me for the loss in value of your house, that wasn't me - I promise :lol: )

I'm happy to give anyone a bit of a hand, should they need it. As money seems to be slowly running out for me and nothing seems to be on the horizon :D

I can travel between St Albans and London along the Thameslink line and the other way to Bedford. I would also be happy to do a bit fo graft in Nottingham during Uni term time, as the missus goes there.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, hence the post. Hopefully one of you kind gents on here might be able to help me out :yp:

Citibank and Goldman sachs are both recruiting new Analysts at the moment. If you have worked in trading, why don't you apply there? Anyway, I'm pretty sure there are groups that have been set up to give ad-hoc work to redundant IB's.

Edited by sirnovember

There is work out there, just keep positive and keep looking. Im struggling to keep up with work as I have 3 jobs and work 6-7 days a week at the moment.

Keep looking and try retail stores such as Homebase etc. Interesting work (for a while).

Shooting? forget it.. havent fired a shot for weeks/months :yp:

Edited by Hunter

If you want a job in retail (2 of my jobs) they are out there with crud money (min wage) but at least its work. Avoid job centers. Useless, get out there and look/try everywhere you see as something that could put your abilities to use.

I never saw myself working in retail. But I joined Homebase as a last resort of employment and its been interesting but not something I could do for more then a year or two. There are staff there who have worked for 13 years+ with no pension scheme, and min wage. Terrible :S But its a start and adds to your CV, which will lead onto other things to get you going on the ladder of employment. Now im joining the fire service and will earn even less! as I will be on the retained system (on call) but I need some form of job satisfaction.

Hi mate

The work situation all across the constuction industry is bad at the moment, its my type of work.

Luckerly im in a job doing big electric cable faults.

If you were up north I could have probelly have found you something, I have quite a few good contacts.

If i was you i would take anything for the moment mate, something will turn up in your line of work it allways does.

Good luck mate hope it works out ok for you.

cheers dave.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll keep trying and hopefully something will come about. Retail really isn't a long term career aspect for me and it's pretty hard to get in when you have no retail experience...

Citibank are still recruting plenty of grads. If you have experience in IB, you should be more attractive, and places are, or will, start to become limited.

The problem is that I left school after my GCSEs and didn't do my alevels or degree. I spoke to my old work, IGIndex, as I'm really good friends with one of the directors and he said he'd let me go for a grad role, because I got made redundant. However about a week later I get some bull email off an HR girl saying "We've looked over your CV and it's apparent that you don't have a maths degree"

I was shocked, I wrote back saying "You might have overlooked the fact that I used to work for you, on the head trading desk!" But they didn't even have the decency to respond... It just comes to show how cut throat the industry really is!

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll keep trying and hopefully something will come about. Retail really isn't a long term career aspect for me and it's pretty hard to get in when you have no retail experience...

The problem is that I left school after my GCSEs and didn't do my alevels or degree. I spoke to my old work, IGIndex, as I'm really good friends with one of the directors and he said he'd let me go for a grad role, because I got made redundant. However about a week later I get some bull email off an HR girl saying "We've looked over your CV and it's apparent that you don't have a maths degree"

I was shocked, I wrote back saying "You might have overlooked the fact that I used to work for you, on the head trading desk!" But they didn't even have the decency to respond... It just comes to show how cut throat the industry really is!

You will find some elements of HR in those work area's are positively bias against those that do not have a degree.

Its similar in Engineering, may be worth speaking to your old Director again.

Since when did you need a maths degree to egt into trading? There are more History and Law grads in trading than anyone else! I can't believe they let you go becasue of this!! If you have experience, trade from home mate :welcomeani: it's worth a try.

Since when did you need a maths degree to egt into trading? There are more History and Law grads in trading than anyone else! I can't believe they let you go becasue of this!! If you have experience, trade from home mate :welcomeani: it's worth a try.

Nah, I got made redundant from the company, as they were cutting back staff. Nothing to do with me not having a degree. I just tried to apply to work back there as they had a vacancy.

My guns need cleaning.... ?

Your guns are spotless, I've seen them.

Edited by harfordwmj