how can i get there

rlewis

I have just recently thought about getting sponsored.This came around to be because my friend who i have been shooting with over the past year(15) has got sponsored but yet iam always besting him :S I have straighted sporting 10 times now and won all the competions at my shooting club that i have entered. This is costing be loads of money as you may know, iam only 15 years old and running out of money fast :good: Can you sugest how to get sponsored or where!!!! thankyou

Edited by rlewis

Well, usually only the country's top shots get sponsored, or those with tight ties to a particularly cash flush company, like ones parent for example. You are going to need to ask, and any company/individual will want to see a portfolio of results and photos, to know where you are shooting and where their brand will be in the public view. I sincerely doubt anyone will sponsor someone who shoots only strawbale shoots.

**edited certain comments out due to re-reading the OP and noting the age. :good: **

Edited by Peter De La Mare

You will need to join the CPSA and enter several registered sporting shoots to get an average listed. If you end up winning your class on a regular basis you should have a chance of getting a sponsor.Don't expect too much too soon , you might have to settle for a small subsidy at first. You will need to show a sponsor that having you on their team increases their sales.

If you have won all the Sporting competitions at your club and have ten straights to your name, I suggest you venture further afield as the targets are clearly very easy. The other alternatives are that you are supremely talented at clay shooting or fiction.

If you have won all the Sporting competitions at your club and have ten straights to your name, I suggest you venture further afield as the targets are clearly very easy. The other alternatives are that you are supremely talented at clay shooting or fiction.

:oops: couldn't agree more :P

I have the eye of faith though - this kid probably has near android levels of clay pigeon skillz - as has been said before, get yourself to some mainstream competitions. Failing that, if you're this good - hit the competitions at the country fairs and win yourself some guns etc! They have prizes for colts! :good:

PS. As this was such a genius idea - if you win many guns, I may take a gun as 'tax'. A beretta silver pigeon will do me nicely. Cheers.

:)

Get yourself to the Essex Masters,

Straight that and I am sure there will be sponsors crawling all over you.

Quite. I'm sure a few entries at registered competitions pulling in big scores would get you noticed quite quickly. From someone who does not do any of these circuits i still recognise a few big scoring names from people that do. If i can see that then people in know surely will.

I think you need a new post entitled "Where are all the big competitions".

rlewis - congratulations on your excellent progress for someone so young. I am just a little confused about your age. Glancing through your posts:-

23.1.2008 - "iam 14 years old".

3.2.2008 - "but i'am only 15".

21.3.2008 - "i'am only 14".

12.3.2009 - "iam only 15 years old".

Shouldn't you now be 16 if your birthday was between 23 January and 3 February - omitting your turning back the clock in March 2008.

rlewis - come on give us a break. How old are you and why can't you remember this? I wish I could shoot sporting straights - something which has always eluded me. You have mastered this and learned how to turn back time. You are a star. Any chance of a response?

Sponsorship comes through two sources. Dealers and Committees.

Cartridge manufacturers / gun makes / clothing / PPE suppliers seeking to promote their brand will seek out the top performers and offer them a deal.

They will find you because you have a AAA ranking in ESP on the CPSA classification system.

Chances are that your straights at a local club have zero significance because they are at the 100 straight for satisfaction level, rather than the testing competition levels. 100 str in a Registered competition is like rocking horse****, it is so rare to be dismissed as an impossible target. Even the best in the world have often never achieved this at Sporting Competition Levels, - high 80s and in the 90s yes, but 100 ex 100 registered? Not likely.

It has been suggested by others you don't yet know what true targets are like, and if you do want the potential sponsors to notice you, they certain will if you can shoot high 90s in ESP registered, at any age!!

The other route for sponsorship lies with your local County or Regional committees of the CPSA.

So, really, the only route forward is join the CPSA and get registered shooting - ask the County Committee, if you are any good they will probably help with carts / entry / transport etc. It may only be a subsidy, but it will help.

Met Duncan in the late1980s - very nice lad. He was modest about his achievements which were considerable - youngest World FITASC Champion.

I'm glad there have been more straights. I have had a few near do's, but never managed a sporting straight. Straighted Skeet, DTL etc, but never Sporting.

I personally think the thread starter was just winding us up - too many different dates of birth - at one point, I think he claimed to have a son. It would be nice to hear the truth.

• 2 weeks later...