The Gamekeeper

07776 133526

surrey_keeper@hotmail.co.uk

surrey

Young shots friendly

Displaying results 1 - 10 of 20 Jump to page: 1 | 2 | Next | Last

:lol: Shooting available but at a price i bet you :yes:

£50 to £150 per day.

its not for the average working man then or the young guns coming into the sport.

Mark,

Granted its not a cheap day out, but you know as well as I do nothing in shooting is free, especially where pigeon shooting is concerned. But when you look at the professional guides and the recon they do, which involves time, fuel, money, loan of a gun, insurance, payment for farmer/landowner, ammo, decoy equipment plus the title of professional means they want a wage then there is logic in the fees.

Personally I don't pay for the majority of my shooting (Not to say I haven't though), but still it took time to get the few permissions I have together through miles of driving, door knocking, letter writing, speaking to various people I've met within the shooting fraternity etc. How many times do you read a post on here or other forums, where so and so is giving up because they can't get land etc. Going on one of these days may help, especially if they're new to the sport to see if it really is for them, before going out and buying all the gear.

BASC are recommending people to speak to to go out and enjoy a days sport, its not there fault the costs involved.

Anglia Sporting is run by a guy who is friendly, knowledgable, and isn't too expensive. You only have to see the posts on here from guys who have shot with the site sponsors to see that they've had good days. Still, don't forget though, it can go bad just as easily as we all know from our own personnel experience even when planning a day in advance.

SS

Mark,

Granted its not a cheap day out, but you know as well as I do nothing in shooting is free, especially where pigeon shooting is concerned. But when you look at the professional guides and the recon they do, which involves time, fuel, money, loan of a gun, insurance, payment for farmer/landowner, ammo, decoy equipment plus the title of professional means they want a wage then there is logic in the fees.

Personally I don't pay for the majority of my shooting (Not to say I haven't though), but still it took time to get the few permissions I have together through miles of driving, door knocking, letter writing, speaking to various people I've met within the shooting fraternity etc. How many times do you read a post on here or other forums, where so and so is giving up because they can't get land etc. Going on one of these days may help, especially if they're new to the sport to see if it really is for them, before going out and buying all the gear.

BASC are recommending people to speak to to go out and enjoy a days sport, its not there fault the costs involved.

Anglia Sporting is run by a guy who is friendly, knowledgable, and isn't too expensive. You only have to see the posts on here from guys who have shot with the site sponsors to see that they've had good days. Still, don't forget though, it can go bad just as easily as we all know from our own personnel experience even when planning a day in advance.

SS

Even the things you mention apart from the loan of gun and ammo ??(don't think they do that)they are still making a very very good wage out of it.Take a goose guide..yes he does scouting,payment for farmer,fuel,decoy equipment etc etc.Now at £1000 a DAY between the people he takes out,it doesnt take long to cover your costs.

I do not pay for my shooting apart from game but i have used guides and find it a very mixed bag.

Guys,

I accept that many on here at the moment are agents, but there are clubs here as well, and as a live and active site new opportunities will come, and go, all the time.

As for the stupid and crass statement that this is typical BASC, take take take, well what an absolute load of uniformed codswallop! This is a free service, BASC takes nothing for people posting and we make nothing out of it either.

This whole site, which has been running for three years now, it designed to help people offer and find new shooting opportunities for free. Obviously there will always be people out there to find fault with even that – bless them!

Some opportunities will be for BASC members only and if so will be marked as such.

Best wishes

David

David,

If you search for pest control, many of the entries look more like people offering themslves as pest controlers rather than people wanting their pests controlling. I have emailed one entry to clarify but haven't received a reply yet. Could BASC check this out and remove any entries that aren't actually shooting opportunities?

Thanks

HW682