Shoot on my land - invitation

land_owner

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seen his ad on millomites site as well, he uses the email address of a 'password cracker' site as well, think he's part of the admin.

http://www.intertek.org.uk/

seen his ad on millomites site as well, he uses the email address of a 'password cracker' site as well, think he's part of the admin.

this intertek website was what i emailed tim back on thinking it was his website ime not really that familiar with computers to be honest and when she saw what site i had emailed to she gave me a right talking to she said we would probably get all sorts of rubbish come through now i wonder if our timothy could explain why he did that

cheers paddy

land_owner.

i have read both this thread and the one on BBS. could you please confirm, with a straight answer, that if all i can offer is a beer or two in the pub after a shoot and a good chinwag, then this will be adequate?

it does seem you are trying to "charge" people £25 per day for a very small area?

apologies if i am wrong.

Nick

land_owner.

i have read both this thread and the one on BBS. could you please confirm, with a straight answer, that if all i can offer is a beer or two in the pub after a shoot and a good chinwag, then this will be adequate?

it does seem you are trying to "charge" people £25 per day for a very small area?

apologies if i am wrong.

Nick

I bought the land for shooting, not to make a profit. Anybody who suggests otherwise can't have exercised very much mental effort. Even if my land was booked by somebody every Saturday of the year for £20 it wouldn't even cover the interest on my loan - do the maths! It's only 5 acres so I'm hardly going to get rich by starting a commercial shooting club! :)

The land costs me loads so it would be nice to share the cost with other like-minded shooters if they are happy with that arrangement, but I can confirm that a pint would do nicely. :)

Edited by land_owner

Land Owner

I suppose if you can get £25 a day for someone to shoot on your land - well good luck to you,

But for that type of money I think you would need to populate the land with game, as the price is very steep for 5 acres

I pay £100 a year for over 500 acres and can shoot what and whenever i want

However if you can get 3 mugs a week to pay you £25 to shoot your land Then they should pay for your land in no time. Good Luck

Have you thought about advertising it on E- Bay They buy anything on there

However if you can get 3 mugs a week to pay you £25 to shoot your land Then they should pay for your land in no time.

Allow me to demonstrate the level of honesty and intellect exhibited by who have a problem with my open offer for shooters to use my land. :)

1. I am not charging a fee, so the entire argument has already collapsed.

2. The very same critics point out that five acres is very small, plus the land is not stocked with game, so this is not going to be a tremendously popular shooting venue, unless of course the critics assume that other shooters are less intelligent than they are and have much lower standards.

3. The very same critics point out that £25 is very steep, therefore I do charge that amount there will be even fewer takers.

4. Even if 3 shooters per week, every week of the year, were not such a ridiculous exaggeration, one only has do the calculations:-

... Approx. land price = £45,000 (35,000 plus interest)

... 3 shooters at £25 each = £75

... 52 weeks per year = £3,900 per week

It would take me more than ten years to pay for the land. I'll be a pensioner by the time I make a profit! :)

Now that I've dealth with the sensationalist alarmist nonsense propagated by a few individuals, allow me to return to the original topic.

If anybody would like to shoot on my land, just let me know - everybody welcome.

Edited by land_owner

Land Owner why dont you say what you mean

All i can say that if any idiot is stupid enought to pay £45000 for 5 acres shooting land and then expect some mug to come along and help him pay for it then they need their head seeing too.

I am thinking about buying a house, does anyone fancy helping me dedcorate it

I will only charge you a fiver an hour :):)

Now for about the twelth time, how about confirming that you didnt send the email asking for £25 a day?

The email to which you refer was a maliciously posted on a different forum, and it was posted by somebody who did in fact contact me pretending to be genuinely interested. He made me a specific offer and I replied to that specific offer. I even put quote marks around some of the parts I was quoting from his original message to me.

You've been so persietent about this point despite me repreatedly making it clear that I am not charging a fee that I cannot help but wonder whether you are being as dishonest here and have the same motives as the person who first made the claim in question.

Since I have answered your question, I wonder whether you could answer mine. I know of many people looking for land to shoot on. Do you know of anybody who will give them permissioon to shoot for free? Perhaps you could share the land that you use instead of attacking others who do so? That would be generous of you.

Now, if you'll allow me to go back to my original post, I have some land available for shooting in North Wales and East Kent if anybody is interested.

I pay £100 a year for  over 500 acres and can shoot  what and whenever i want

If it's that easy, don't be selfish, please share the details -- I have a long list of people looking for land to shoot on.

P.S. I have a humble but very nice 5 acres available for shooting in North Wales and another 5 in East Kent if anybody is interested.

Edited by land_owner

Land Owner why dont you say what you mean

All i can say that if any idiot is stupid enought to pay £45000 for 5 acres shooting land  and then expect some mug to come along and help him pay for it then they need their head seeing too.

I said I paid 35K plus interest, Are you being deliberately dishonest or are you just failing to read my posts properly?

Anybody who is not aware that just 1 acres of good woodland in Kent with shooting rights can cost 10K or more is either just an idiot who blatantly does not know what they are talking about or is simply being dishonest. I won't ask which it is in your case.

Now will you please stop being selfish and help us all have a piece of that "500 acres for £100 per year" that you mentioned?

P.S. I do have a humble but very nice 5 acres available for shooting in North Wales and another 5 in East Kent if anybody is interested.

Edited by land_owner

>Do you know of anybody who will give them permissioon to shoot for free?

>Perhaps you could share the land that you use instead of attacking others who

>do so? That would be generous of you.

The land I shoot, I work for but pay nothing financially and indeed through beating get paid to shoot it, I beat during the pheasant season and in return get a fair bit of ferretting and a lot of pigeon shooting.

Any other shooting I do is done at a wildfowling club where I pay £130 for a years duck shooting (in season obviously), or on some allotments I have permission for.

I wasnt claiming to be generous, as I have said I have to work for the land I shoot.

I have no qualms with you charging for shooting rights, this is a common occurence. What I dislike is the dis-honest, devious way you have gone about advertising it. On boards which dont allow commercial posts. It wouldn't matter to me what you were advertising, my reaction would have been the same.

And even now you cant answer my question concerning in straightly. Although if I read your response correctly, you did ask for £25 but because you put quote marks around it you dont feel it was meant??

You dont have to be a genius to work out that 5 Acres isn't going to hold a lot of shootable vermin. If all and sundry are there shooting there will be none left for yourself. So call me scepticle but you must be getting/wanting something out fo letting us all shoot it.

>If it's that easy, don't be selfish, please share the details -- I have a long list of >people looking for land to shoot on.

In that case like I have said they will need to work for thier land, nothing gets given on a plate in this world. I suggest that they quit putting their names on lists and spend some time knocking on farmers doors and asking for permission to shoot.

Edited by rarms

I can understand the surprise at the amount land_owner paid for 5 acres of woodland (shooting rights come automatically with ownership), but it does depend on location.

As you can see from here; http://www.woodlands.co.uk/ you could get 10 acres in parts of Kent for £35000.

He does want people to pay/donate money for a days shooting.

He has already given an indication.............." £20 or whatever you can afford ".

So, its up to people to make their own mind up.

I'm not sure that letting a load of people he doesn't know well, loose in his woods with guns, will achieve his other objective...." the conservation, maintenance and improvement of the land". :)

Land Owner

I am probably just an idiot who blatantly does not know what they are talking about. as i Live up North

It may be that i do not trust people from down South, or maybe i know a rip off or con when i see it.

But one thing is for sure i am not dishonest, never have been and never will be.

The way i see it is, that your land must be well stocked with game or vermin for you to even offer it to third parties as well as your self for shooting,

I have never shot in Kent so i dont know much about the wildlife population down there.

I have however walked through many a wood and field in my life and know for a fact that if you have too many guns shoot too often on a piece of land, whether it be 5 acres or 500 acres then the wildlife will dissapear

You are talking about the woodland management of the land in one of your previous posts, I would suggest you speak to someone with experience with regard to wildlife management before you offer the shooting rights to all and sundry