.17 HMR Prices

Popped into 'Sportsmansgun' in Exeter whilst down in Devon for a few days, went to purchase some Hornardy .17 HMR's asked the price! £33 per 100, they said 10% off if I bought 500!!! Asked if they were tacking the pi**, I paid £21 per 100 in the Midlands Games Fair last October, I declined their nice offer and left empty handed.

What are members here paying for their .17 HMR's?

I will ask around for prices on sunday at catton and see if there are any deals to be had !

I havent bout any over the counter yet as when i bought my HMR last month i had 200rds with it and not used them yet ! :blush:

£8.50 from bates for a box of 50 on sunday at G Bates stand. thats for hornaday and remington were only slightly more expensive :blink:

last time i brought some over a month ago i payed £40 for 200 federal from royston barn shop, i always loved the hornady v-max but no one round here is stocking them at the moment i do honestly belive ( using my rifle) they are the better of the 17 HMR bunch, they seem to do more damage as well which indicates to me they are either transferring energy much better than others

Guest topshot_2k
last time i brought some over a month ago i payed £40 for 200 federal from royston barn shop, i always loved the hornady v-max but no one round here is stocking them at the moment i do honestly belive ( using my rifle) they are the better of the 17 HMR bunch, they seem to do more damage as well which indicates to me they are either transferring energy much better than others

I thought pretty much all the .17HMR ammo is the same just rebranded? i have used Winchester/Remmy/Federal/Hornady and couldnt tell the difference other than the tip colour?

I got some from Stuteleys in Baldock not that long ago