Poor display from the Gunners

I ventured up the pub in the village to watch the match, thinking our only chance was to nick a goal & take them to extra time.

But alas the game was all over after 10 minutes :(

I stomped out the pub at half time & was set up back home on my viewing platform in the garden overlooking fields, before the 2nd half started.

I pegged out an old rabbit carcass about 40 yards away & setteled down with the rimfire & a couple of beers & some peanuts

After about half an hour and now on my next beer I spotted a shadow moving towards the bait in a tram line from my right, the rifle was up, safety off & there was the tell tale thud of bullet striking brain. The small vixen didn't even twitch.

Something in my head told me to wait a while & sure enough there was another shadow from exactly the same path the vixen took not 5 minutes later. The larger dog fox went the same way, without a twitch with another precise brain shot :)

Vixen on the left, dog on the right

DSC00186.jpg

The picture was taken how they were shot, the dog obviously wondering why his mate had suddenley just fallen asleep ;)

So.... a bad night for a Gooner ??? but a good result for the fox shooter ;)

SS

Edited by Stealth Stalker

thats the way mate, right in the head good shooting.

As far as drink and guns is concerned whilst i agree its not a great idea in certain circumstances it may interest you to know that i attended a anual charity clay event and the police granted a license for beer to be sold there so they obviously werent that bothered about mixing alcohol and shotguns. Mind you i didnt drink and kept my eyes open.

Job well done mate :(

That's two less chicken eaters, and I bet your more than happy to have caught up with them...

Don't listen to the knockers... I'm sure every single one of them has been guilty of drinking lashings of sloe gin in the gun bus on a shoot day...

Nobody got hurt anyway... (less the reynards)

I've edited my original post regarding the pics. Because of an idiotic brain ****, thanks for pointing it out John Galway :(

And I thoroughly agree, excessive alcohol & guns don't mix, but I can assure all that were concerned I was not drunk, just enjoying a beer whilst waiting up for foxy.

Dougy I seem to recall you were supping away with the best of em round the camp at Bisley on the Friday night :)

Cheers

SS

:lol: Good job, what did you shoot them with?

On the subject of guns and alcohol, i was gobsmacked at how much alcohol gets consumed at pheasant days!!!!!! I have never and will never mix guns and alcohol but would not criticise someone else for doing it in the safety of their own garden. :P

:lol: Good job, what did you shoot them with?

On the subject of guns and alcohol, i was gobsmacked at how much alcohol gets consumed at pheasant days!!!!!! I have never and will never mix guns and alcohol but would not criticise someone else for doing it in the safety of their own garden. :P

.22 rimfire, range 35yds :P

SS

I have to say that I was outraged that you had climbed a ladder to a viewing platform after a sniff of the barman's apron.

Alcohol and ladders are an absolute no no. As too would be chainsaw juggling.

Chainsaw juggling from a viewing platform at the top of a ladder would be the ruddy limit.

nice shooting, as one who shoots clays far better after a night on the sauce I think it improves your aim :)

As for shoot days I'll have the odd sloe gin but thats about it, being legless is bad having a couple is less so