Gamebore Kent Velocity Cartridge

That's what I thought but at a local shooting ground they mentioned that there is a limit of 5000. Guess he must be mistaken then.

Flymo

I did read (i think it was on here?) that interweb/phone order companies like Just Cartridges will ask questions if you stick an order in of epic porportions for say 10,000 or more,but unsure whether this is a legal obligation or possibly tax reasons? I might also have dreamt all this too so hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along!

It's more to do with limits on bulk storage of powder/explosives than the actual cartridges.

You shouldn't get any problems buying 5000.

Mark.

ps,

Kent velosity are a great shell. They are made with "Diamond shot" lead with a higher than normal level of Antimony, making the shot slightly harder.

Edited by M ROBSON

I know I will be hung drawn and quartered on here, but those Kent cartridges [28g no. 7.5] are (I think) more than punchy enough for pigeons.

I wouldn't make a habit of shooting 100+ clays with them because they will hurt your face.

I haven't read the box, but I would be most intrigued to read the blurb about velocity etc.

Most 28g 7 1/2 lead cartridges will kill pigeons cleanly.

But you start to struggle a bit when the range gets on the longer side.

We use several thousand 28g cartridges on pigeons in 7 1/2's and 6's every summer when we are shooting over wind blown wheat and barley, often at ranges of 20-30 yards. They are the best cartridge for the job and one that the clients prefer.

You just need to know your limits.

As the summer moves on and more stubbles appear we switch to 30g & 32g.

Mark.

Edited by M ROBSON

Bloody awful cartridge to shoot.

The recoil is excessive to say the least.

I was informed when I bought some that they were the same load as Gamebore XLR fibre and that they would feel the same.

I bought 2000,shot 100 and took the rest back and swapped them for some 24gm Express fibre.

If your young and daft the recoil will not bother you now...but it will as you get older :angry:

Bloody awful cartridge to shoot.

The recoil is excessive to say the least.

I was informed when I bought some that they were the same load as Gamebore XLR fibre and that they would feel the same.

I bought 2000,shot 100 and took the rest back and swapped them for some 24gm Express fibre.

If your young and daft the recoil will not bother you now...but it will as you get older :good:

I too heard that at the weekend, the same as XLR in their dreams. All gamebore cartridges seem to knock me about for some reason. Recoil will affect everyone at some point.

I never use to feel recoil until I had a pair of fused vertebrae in my neck and then I felt everything even a .22 rimfire. I use Lyalvale Express cartridge alomost exclusively coupled with a hydraulic recoil reducer on the butt of my gun and now I am back to not feeling it. I know about it if I use a gun without a recoil system though.