Anyone rate the Jack Pyke flocked decoys

Si-Bore

Hey guys

I have seen Jack Pyke shell decoys at very good prices and have recently purchased some but I have not used them enough to test the quality of them yet. Before I buy more has anyone else had any and how did you find them compared to the more expensive flocked decoys. In particular I am referring to pigeon shells.

Cheers,

Si

Jack Pyke are a decent company and very helpful. Put the question to them and even though you know what the answer to be, at least you can call that person back in the event of failure.

I have found them a good company to deal with in my experience.

The flocking is poor on the Jack Pyke full bodied crow decoys, I sent mine back and got a refund.

I don't know about their pigeon decoys, but I would want to go into a shop and inspect before I bought, rather than buy on line.

I've got some flocked full bodied pigeon decoys and the flocking comes off rather easy.

Hey guys

I have seen Jack Pyke shell decoys at very good prices and have recently purchased some but I have not used them enough to test the quality of them yet. Before I buy more has anyone else had any and how did you find them compared to the more expensive flocked decoys. In particular I am referring to pigeon shells.

Cheers,

Si

There flock isn't brilliant & there very brittle as well.

I was thinking of starting to use flocked full bodies for my floaters as everybody seemed to like them but I'm not too sure now after reading this.

I like to produce something that will last so if they are going to chip etc in a few weeks I think I'll carry on using Chris Greens technique of roughing up the surface and re-painting (the finish seems to last as I'm still using some I made 4-5 years ago and they still look good)

If anyone wants any help to make some for themselves I'd be happy to advise. PM me.

GH

They are absolute rubbish (mine started peeling on the first day of use, and were promptly disposed of). You get what you pay for.

I have been getting good results with Sillosocks.

i will second this i had some crappy decoys and found a site on line and sent for some sillosocks tryed them at weekend with ryan and i have never had pigeons come so good to the pattern they seemed to see it before they was anywhere near the decoys them seves i would by them again well worth the money spent on them and they pay for them selfs too as they say lol

sam

Edited by samw