Borris The Golden Eagle

ShaggyRS6

Most of you know I have a very good friend who is a Falconer. I have posted pictures on here before of some of his birds. I also promised when he got a Golden Eagle I would take some pictures. Well, he has one, with another arriving next week.

Meet Borris, the most magnificent thing I have seen in a long while. Alex seem's to be gifted when it comes to birds of prey. Borris was a nasty peice of work when they first met. now he is as good as gold and lets Alex kiss him on his head etc etc. Amazing to see.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

If anyone wants to experience flying birds of prey Alex I can supply you Alex's contact details and he will arrange a demo.

Edited by ShaggyRS6

The Golden Eagle has got to be in my top ten of all creatures on earth, top pictures mate and make sure the camcorder gets taken when you go out, even if he fails to take quarry, watching them fly is just majestic..

Definitely something I’ll be taking up when I retire or win the lottery…Went out with a guy and his Goshawk once and I’ll never forget its agility..

The PM

I'm gonna try and get back next week to take some shots of him in flight. I need to ask my farmer if we can use his land as i know it has plenty of hares. Does anyone know the legality of hunting foxes with an Eagle?

I have also included below some pics of some of his other birds (and my son) that I took a while back.

I guess I am a bit lucky having him as a friend. I only went around to borrow his hedge trimmer :blink:

bi1.jpg

bi3.jpg

bi4.jpg

bi5.jpg

bi7.jpg

bi9.jpg

Edited by ShaggyRS6

And forgive the quality of these one's. They were taken with my iphone last year. This fellow had just been recaptured from what I remember. He was "roughing it" for a week never straying more than a couple of miles from my mates house. Alex could hear him calling now and then and had the telemetry on him so was not too worried.

I thought this bird was stunning until i met Borris. Cant wait to see what the new Golden Eagle will look like. He is going to try and fly them together which should be a sight.

Alex picked him up on day 8 feeding on a young fox it killed.

owl1.jpg

owl2.jpg

owl3.jpg

owl4.jpg

owl5.jpg

Edited by ShaggyRS6

The Eagle would easily do a fox. They can take small deer too.

Jordan (or I for that matter) wont go anywhere near it. It eyes Jordan up as a meal, and would, if hungry enough have no issues giving him a go.

Alex was telling me a story of a fellow falconer who had a disagreement with his Golden Eagle, ended up having his left arm amputated.

Alex, his wife and I were talking today and she was saying that she would be powerless to do anything if the bird turned on him. Alex was saying that you would just have have to ensure you had a decent enough trade for it if that should happen (i.e. something more attractive to eat than Alex)

i have seen him bought to tears buy the Eagle Owl, when it accidentally missed the glove and its talon went right through his hand. God only knows what damage the Eagle could inflict. I think if you partake in that hobby/sport you really do need to be in touch with nature and particularly the birds you keep.

As you can see from the picture of Alex kissing the Eagle, he is.

Edited by ShaggyRS6

Absolutely top drawer sir, i take my hat off to you... those birds are a credit to you...........AHHHHHHh one day!!!

A Credit to my mate :good: Not me.

I can only dream of get involved in something like that :good: I'm just lucky to have him as a friend.