Sign in to follow this  
young airgunner

Homemade ferret box

yesterday i decided i would make a ferret box for my 2 ferrets i shall be getting next week. i think it has turned out ok, will certainly do the job and im pretty pleased with it. here are some pics. the strap was made with the sling and swivels of my .410 :good:

james

PICT0830.jpg

PICT0828.jpg

PICT0827.jpg

get um on flea bay lol :good:

mine was basically free though. sling and swivels already had, hinges already had, plywood already had. only thing i need were the lid catches. £3 and a little bit of time was worth it i reckon

most of the ferret boxes you buy come already treated. will have to look carefully on the tins to see if there safe to use. dont suppose anybody has already sourced a suitable preserve on a box or hutch they have made?

Thats spot on mate,looks just as good as a bought one,and you have the satisfaction knowing you made it yourself,for next to nothing BB :good:

most of the ferret boxes you buy come already treated. will have to look carefully on the tins to see if there safe to use. dont suppose anybody has already sourced a suitable preserve on a box or hutch they have made?

Just make sure you pick a water based one, 99% of the quick drying ones are water based acrylic and they will be fine. Make sure you file the screws off that are sticking through, you don't want to catch your hand on them.