home protection, gun owner, justice

markbivvy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am absolutely disgusted at the attitude of some of the posts on this subject it seems that some people have a mental block when it comes to guns and they will drag up any excuse to justify their own skewed logic that this man should not have his guns taken off him,the evidence does not matter, the fact that the man may get his guns back dosn't matter, they throw all sorts of mud at the police they bring in disqualified driving, knives, and the fact that a senior police officer shot his wife all in defence of their right to hold onto the guns no matter what the circumstances, the facts that this man made threats is of no concern to them.

It just points to the fact that regardles of the circumstance and the evidence you have decided that it is the big bad Policeman's fault and the poor little firearms owner should be let off with a slap on the wrist, this might be a good idea but I would want evidence that he is not a threat, and I will continue to demand that, I have never said that he was a threat, I have never said he should not get the guns back, what I am saying is that we should deal with the matter in an efficient way and if there is no threat he should get his weapons back, the consequences of not taking this incident seriously is too herendous to contemplate especially after recent incidents and the impact on our sport.

I have now come to the conclusion that I am wasting my time on this board argueing with with people with such entrenched biased views who never listen to reasoned debate, I will never contribute to another discussion on this type of subject it is a total waste of time ..

You reap what you sow!!

Frank

Edited by hurstpol

Frank

I'm with you after all its a priviledge not a right, police have a right to use their discretion which is fine but who wants to lay their job and livelihood when it concerns firearms. I'm actually surprised anyone in their right mind would make threats to anyone in front of a copper even in a situation where they're as frustrated as this you still have to engage brain before opening gob

According to the newspaper report, he said, ‘If I get my hands on the little b**gers, I’ll sort them out myself’.

Subjectively, this doesn't sound like the blood-curdling threat of a nutter to me, but then he's a 57 year old who raised thousands for charity. If he was wielding a gun whist making the "threat," perhaps it could be construed as serious.

Personally, I think the average man on the Clapham omnibus would think the comment was a throw away line, said in jest, and that the police officer should ask for a refund for the sense of perspective he/she has not got.

PS. any news on the police catching the vandals, who seem to be carrying out a two-plus year crime spree without detection? Mind you, isn't that Ripper land and look how long he evaded capture...

"Bit dissapointing that they're quick to remove the gentlemans guns after an idle remark,but not prepared to do anything about the vandalism etc going on in the street."

That's because police in Britain like to target innocent people like car owners, legal gun owners and do nothing about vandals, criminals and the mafia, since those guys are tough and organised and it would be too much hard work for them.

"Bit dissapointing that they're quick to remove the gentlemans guns after an idle remark,but not prepared to do anything about the vandalism etc going on in the street."

That's because police in Britain like to target innocent people like car owners, legal gun owners and do nothing about vandals, criminals and the mafia, since those guys are tough and organised and it would be too much hard work for them.

:blush::good:

Erm I don't think I would go as far as that. For minor motoring offences, yes I am sure the police would rather target someone who actually registers the vehicle in their own name, will turn up to Court and give **** and who probably will plead guilty, take and pay a fine.

But do I think the police can't be bothered to target organised crime and would rather pour the resources into traffice wardens on red routes and laser vans? Nah.

Anyhows, Koz, where ya been? We haven't had a good conspiracy theory in a while.

I feel sorry for the chap, he's obviously has his property repeatedly vandalised by some little s****, which has caused him stress and money in repairs etc, went to the police for help, made an off the cuff comment that should be taken as should, and probably what they deserve, and now he has all this extra hassle and stress. What ever happened to sensible policing? Oh, wait...

"Anyhows, Koz, where ya been? "

Hi there Mungler, I just not been on the board much I guess, been on holiday and busy with work. Sometiems I get bored with forums and leave for a while.

"We haven't had a good conspiracy theory in a while."

I refuse to discuss that topic anymore with people who mock it. I will let them discover it for themselves.

I for one am glad that any risk is minimised,

In that case why did they not remove his knives,forks,spoons,rolling pin,garden fork/spade and assorted DIY tools? Infact almost anything within reason could be used to inflict harm.

Im not anti police,but if he posed that much of a risk to the public that they felt the need to remove his guns then why was he not arrested? I still think this was a heavy handed approach to something which could have been dealt with better by simply warning him about making idle remarks.

Quick question ?..IF this person had a partner with a SGC and a cabinet could he have transfered them to the partner and retain them in the same dwelling ?..Or Perhaps transfer them to a neighbor with a SGC ?...Answers on a postcard

Quick question ?..IF this person had a partner with a SGC and a cabinet could he have transfered them to the partner and retain them in the same dwelling ?..Or Perhaps transfer them to a neighbor with a SGC ?...Answers on a postcard

Used to be the case, especially with guys facing revocation due to drink drive offences etc. Plod are now wise to this and it is as much the household which is barred as much as the individuals.

I have a shooting friend of extremely good character who had to store his guns at an alternative address when a relative of his came to stay for a while. The relative had an interesting past, and the police were not prepared to have guns within the house even under lock and key.

Can I ask a question along this subject. If you had an arguement with someone, say over the height of your hedge etc and they made a false statement to the police saying you threatened them, would you lose you guns on heresay alone?

Dan

Can I ask a question along this subject. If you had an arguement with someone, say over the height of your hedge etc and they made a false statement to the police saying you threatened them, would you lose you guns on heresay alone?

Dan

It's a definite possiblility.