What's happened to 'Claysporting'

Cosmicblue

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some strong opinions on there for sure, but as a relative newcomer and infrequent poster I've found it a pretty welcoming and helpful site. Met up with some of the regulars last year and on the whole they are a decent bunch and happy to share their expertise.

When I was looking about for UK clay shooting sites before I started shooting and came across Claysporting, I was immediately put off by what seemed to be loads of vicious comments directed at various political issues and individuals in the sport. I nearly ran a mile and thought twice about actually starting to shoot after I saw it.....it was also quite cluttered as a website, with garish fonts and a very amateur look about it, so I gave it a miss :yes::lol:

Each to their own, I guess, but it didn't seem very friendly to be attacking people like that. :lol:

When I was looking about for UK clay shooting sites before I started shooting and came across Claysporting, I was immediately put off by what seemed to be loads of vicious comments directed at various political issues and individuals in the sport. I nearly ran a mile and thought twice about actually starting to shoot after I saw it.....it was also quite cluttered as a website, with garish fonts and a very amateur look about it, so I gave it a miss :yes::lol:

Each to their own, I guess, but it didn't seem very friendly to be attacking people like that. :lol:

Each to their own as you say.

Claysporting has tended to cater for dedicated CPSA members who compete among one another on their registered shoots.

There will always be a lot of politics because CPSA issues impact them directly.

You pay your money and take your choice really, if you can be bothered with the gamesmanship, unsportsmanlike displays and puffed up egos that go hand in hand with registered shoots then fill yer boots.

If you cant be bothered with all that then dont - it wont make you a worse shot or the registered shooters any better.

ZB

The "troublemakers" on Claysporting are a bitter & twisted bunch of tarp and skeet shooters who seem hell bent on stirring up as much trouble for the CPSA as they possibly can.

They've tried to hijack what was set up as a discussion forum on English & FITASC Sporting and turn it into a vendetta against the CPSA management.

Anybody that dares to suggest that they're on the wrong track in any way shape or form is vilified and sworn at using the most colourful language, which goes unchecked as the forum is completely un-moderated.

Most Sporting shooters don't care too much about the politics of the sport, they've accepted a long time ago that they'll never be real meaningful change at the CPSA, all they want to do is to shoot the targets and provide support to their local committee members.

Cat.

Well, having visited that forum on sveral occasions, I have now saved myself the annual membership fee by not joining CPSA. I shoot at a "hay bale" site for fun with others of a very similar nature where there's little "hard line" competitiveness, if you shoot well people say "Well done!", if you don't they give helpful advice.