Cheap Wellies - heads up!

Supersonic

Not wishing rain on parades and all that, but they look like Hunters, and Hunters were terrible wellies.

They are their own make and if they are the same quality as their shoes you wont go far wrong.

*** you try and do a favour and share a bargain :(

:good:

Edited by Supersonic

I must admit i get most of my dress shoes from SW, I have only had one 'bad' pair that was replaced by 24hr courier with a letter of apology from the quality controller who passed them,

Cant beat that for service, and the price for a pair of Handmade shoes is fantastic, and you get the shoe trees and horn, plus shoe bags

I know a lot of people who are using them in the city as they were fedup of their bespoke shoes getting wrecked on the tube

I cant comment on the wellies, but my Hunters are fantastic for walking from the Range Rover to the house when its raining! but the best pair i ever bought were from some shoe chain.

I paid £10 for my 'everyday' wellies from one of those jobbies on the retail park, and they fit a treat, a lot better than my Hunters (that now reside in the passenger foot well with the obligatory thick pair of socks and the buckle things that serve no purpose...lol)

They all end up looking the same if you have walked through a bog, and if someone 'borrows' your cheap wellies at Glasto you dont have to cry....lol

wellies are wellies in bog standard form.. until you get to lined types , now thats an argument..lol

Edited by ph5172

Dont like the look of the soles, they appear to have the simple cross bar tread as my imitation Hunter boots which is useless on muddy inclines feet slipping all over the place. To me whatever the make cheap or expensive a ,"commando" type sole is essential for long days beating or rough shooting.

Blackpowder

Guest topshot_2k
I've got £140 pair of Le' Chamawaitsistheyarecalled. Trust me, if you spend all day outside walking about (even for beating), you will never, ever, look back.

+1 :(

I am always cautious when somthing clamis a RRP way in excess of the price they are selling. £100 RRP and £19.99 for sale, yes sounds a good price and they look nice wellys.

But they are trying to be Hunters, and love them or hate them buying somthing cheap to look like somthing with a "brand name" is another story.

Yes I have some hunters for my "going out wellys" but my fav par are some I got from work for free with steel toes in. :(

Yes I have some hunters for my "going out wellys" but my fav par are some I got from work for free with steel toes in. :good:

Has anyone tried sitting on a cold winters morning either shooting or fishing with a pair of steel toe caps on now that is cold.

Edited by davie mac

I got to thinking as I spend anywhere from 2 to 12 hours a day in my wellies I might as well get a decent pair. Got a pair of Aigles neoprene lined, I think it was money well spent. The only problem I had was getting them off, if I did not wear thick socks they would stick like superglue to my feet! Had to drive home in muddy boots more than once until I paid a few quid for a welly puller.