haggis

holly

Eh? English Haggis.

Mildly confused here. Where did you get this info?

bbc news this morning itv news this morning sun star mirror mail express etc etc apparantly someone as found a recipe book dating to 1700 ish (not sure actual date ) an english one i might add and burns wrote his poem 36 yrs later so he was writing about a good old english recipe

bbc news this morning itv news this morning sun star mirror mail express etc etc apparantly someone as found a recipe book dating to 1700 ish (not sure actual date ) an english one i might add and burns wrote his poem 36 yrs later so he was writing about a good old english recipe

a bit out on my dates look at this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8180791.stm

Ah! Haggis! Food of the Gods! I mean it's fit for Gods to dine on, not that I think Scots are Gods.

Sliced about 1 inch thick and fried in butter :good: Ah! I can just hear my arteries hardening at the thought of it.

And chicken stuffed with speck. Had that in Scotland when I was up there some years back. Absolutely gorgeous. Never been able to find a recipe for it so if some kindly Scot could forward me a recipe then I may just be forced to refine my thoughts on the divinty of Scots :lol:

Ah! Haggis! Food of the Gods! I mean it's fit for Gods to dine on, not that I think Scots are Gods.

Sliced about 1 inch thick and fried in butter :good: Ah! I can just hear my arteries hardening at the thought of it.

And chicken stuffed with speck. Had that in Scotland when I was up there some years back. Absolutely gorgeous. Never been able to find a recipe for it so if some kindly Scot could forward me a recipe then I may just be forced to refine my thoughts on the divinty of Scots :lol:

Trust me, ignorance is bliss!

So an ancient recipe for haggis is found in england and this makes the haggis English..................Did they consider, it was stolen ? some theifing ancient toerag sneaked over the border and nicked it , or mabe it was just simply lost.........William Wallace was well known to be a keen visitor to England, mabe he droped it :good::lol::lol::lol:

Haggis (and a myriad of variations on the theme) has been made under many names all across the uk in the past.

A lot of places where they used to preserve meat for shipping had their own versions because it was a convenient way to combine and cook those parts of the meat which could not be salted and shipped - the offal.

There is only one "Haggis" though.

I'm going to have some for tea this weekend now - I cant stop thinking about it!

ZB