Its getting harder.

Cranfield

I am spoilt for choice at the moment and so are the pigeons.

There is the rape stubble, the disced rape stubble, harvested pea fields, barley and wheat stubbles and meadows with clover.

The birds are not committing anywhere and when disturbed, are moving off to pastures new.

I have been setting up and moving half a dozen times a day, just for a handful of birds.

Today I stood under flight lines and kept on the move driving round my permissions.

Its all very frustrating, about time I got the fishing rods out. :)

There is the rape stubble, the disced rape stubble, harvested pea fields, barley and wheat stubbles and meadows with clover.

The birds are not committing anywhere and when disturbed, are moving off to pastures new.

I have been setting up and moving half a dozen times a day, just for a handful of birds.

Today I stood under flight lines and kept on the move driving round my permissions.

Theres always Eastwell??

Rgds D2D

I had a drive round one of my permissions last night, they have just finished harvesting barley.

No pigeons on the land BUT 2 fields away, not on my farm, a good flock of maybe 50/60 pigeons, a few rabbits and crows.

They have just finished harvesting too, as have most of the other farms in the area.

At least I know they are in the area :)

did you get that new ultralight magnet from UKSW ?

i thought by the thread title that Cranfield had been thumbing through a copy of Farmer's Wives :lol:

i thought he'd swallowed one of those mysterious blue pills.... :yes:

im not even bothering with pigeons at the mo, sticking to crows and rabbits, ill leave it a bit longer so the pigeons have less choice of where to go :good:

Edited by babbyc1000

Exactly the same here mate.

The last time I was out I smashed my pigeon PB with 74, but I've got no chance this weekend as they're so split up.

Think it's going to be an early morning and late evening session with the rimmy after rabbits I reckon.

:good:

It gets better later on Cranfield .

Harnser .

It will be a few more weeks yet before some of the stubbles are ploughed in for the Winter and the birds start concentrating on whats left.

There are loads of birds about, but they are constantly on the move.

I have my UKSW ultra lightweight rotary now, but its only had a run out on the lawn so far. :good: