Married to an "Anti"

Alternatively: >>know your enermy<<

Oh, and why not google 'vegetarian serial killers' and 'non-vegetarian serial killers'.

You'll find the former full of link to 'vegetarians' that are serial killers; while the later will give you links to 'vegetarians' that are contemplating killing non-vegetarians.

It's a wucked forld, eh?

My better half is was brought up with it being a farmers daughter.... But from being around it so much she ist'nt that bothered about actually going shooting like we are.

One good thing is she is was totally accustomed to dealing with anything on fur or feather long before we met..... And enjoys anything that is straight from source.

In a month or two's time there will be a shopping list, single pinkfoot goose no good- must be two as they are too small. Canada acceptable on its own only....As for teal don't come back with less than four. Rabbits leave them in the garage and they are done and dusted and in the freezer time I get home.

Only woman I know who can butcher a muntjac too.....Far better than I. Most of her friends go running for cover if she's sorting something out for tea- and thats women from the farming circle as well!

Edited by starlight32

My other half will eat all I shoot or catch so I guess I am quite lucky there. Although she says she doesn't eat rabbit as she had a pet rabbit when she was a kid. But when it is removed from the bone, marinated and cooked I just tell her it is chicken :good:

My wife will not eat shot game at all sadly, but quite happily eats the trout, sea trout and salmon (very rarely!) i catch.

However as a family we have another problem, both my children suffer from a condition called Phenylketonuria, to cut a long story short they cannot eat any type of meat. Their bodies cannot get rid of the waste product phenyalaline, which is dangerous for for developing children.

So sadly i make a point of not shooting big bags of game as its only me that will eat it!

Cheers

Aled

My other half is veggie. The scary part is she was born that way. Her dad decided one day he didn't want to eat meat any more and that was it, the whole family gave it up before she was born. The sad part of it is her mum is the daughter of a Beef farmer. The day that came out must have been a sad one for him :yes:

Rach will deal with me shooting. She doesn't really like it deep down but she can see the reasons for it. She's tried all the meats I could think of once to see if she liked them but she didn't. It's all too chewy for her compared to the veggie slop she's been served up for the last twenty something years!

I'm pretty good at converting people. I've talked around quite a few mild antis in my time. Most just need the other side of the story to see reason. My favourite short story is.....You have twenty Deer on a hill. Every year they have five young. Problem is the snow on the hill in winter means there's only enough food available for 20. So I take five a year. Make use of their meat and the others make it through the winter in good condition. If you didn't take the five the whole heard would come out of winter in very poor shape and some would die slowly of starvation. Nature is a cruel thing but a bullet is so fast they don't even know they've been hit"....Works 99% of the time. By the time I've finished with them most of them can't stand the thought of leaving the 25 to suffer! :good:

Alternatively: >>know your enermy<<

That's a class link, I shall look forward to sharing that with the Blunderbuss brood

too late for me, but i've always like the the sounds of

http://www.muddymatches.co.uk/

Me too, if that had been around 20 odd years ago, I'd be married to a lass who owned a Scottish sporting estate, was a qualified butcher and looked like Nigella Lawson. Probably :good::yes:

I love these threads, all I can say about mrs stuartp is:

She has no problems with what I shoot

She has been lamping with me

She got me decent 2 shooting permissions

She has no problem with me going on countless fishing/shooting trips a year

I think I might give her a big hug later and count my blessings :good:

interesting topic, we had a similar conversation with a number of female coleagues in our kitchen at lunch yesterday.

One commented isnt this a lovely place as she looked outside into the small woodland with lovely wildlife outside, lovely birds, squirrels, wood pigeon and rabbits. Then someone looked at me at the other end of the table and said Jan likes squirells and rabbits dont you? Everyone then started laughing as I did not reply just smiled ........

One said dont you just shoot clay pigeons? and then suddenly the penny dropped when the lady who liked the wildlife realised I was a shooter and asked me do i eat what I shoot course i do I replied, i shoot rabbits and pheasants and they are lovely to eat.

Then got numerous questions as to what they tasted like etc and at this rate I might get a few more converts.

My monday morning conversation normally starts with my female colleagues asking "Have you been fishing or shooting this weekend then?"