wrong thing in a snare

A good friend of mine was once telling me about shooting cats, norfolk I think (a long time ago).

They had an agreement with a large, posh restaurant to supply them with hundreds of rabbits. The farm they shot on also had a large feral cat population that needed to be controlled, aparently they left the cats alone most of the time but if they were finding it hard to meet the requirements for rabbits - the cats got it :rolleyes:

Apparently, once skinned and gutted, a cat looks a lot like a rabbit - presumably they taste very similar too :rolleyes:

A good friend of mine was once telling me about shooting cats, norfolk I think (a long time ago).

They had an agreement with a large, posh restaurant to supply them with hundreds of rabbits. The farm they shot on also had a large feral cat population that needed to be controlled, aparently they left the cats alone most of the time but if they were finding it hard to meet the requirements for rabbits - the cats got it :yes:

Apparently, once skinned and gutted, a cat looks a lot like a rabbit - presumably they taste very similar too :good:

Although not there i can confirm that :-

Not quite, a little less tender and more on the chewy side, they dont have the same muscle structure as rabbits. I have only eaten a few and both were cooked under a broiler with lots of garlic to mask the weird after taste. Once I had a wild domestic cat when I was camping however it was prepared rather on the rare side. Not my favorite but not as bad a owl.

all the best yis yp :)

If I was you lot I would stop talking about shooting or killing cats because alot of people on here love cats and own them and they would not wish to read things like this on an open forum and it also puts a bad name down for us and our sport and I bet you would not like to here about people shooting dogs and things like that would you at the end of the day these are peoples pets and these people love them and would hate for them to get hirt in any way.

So I would ask that you all stop talking about this and either block this thread or delete it.

Strange-i allways thought that we were entitled to express our opinion without being insulted no matter what those opinions might be-if i find it hard to be constructive without resulting to childish name-calling then i normally act my age and dont post. ;)

opinions are fine, but bragging about deliberately breaking the law on a public forum is pretty stupid dont you think? anyone can read these posts. It doesn't put any of us in a good light and does none of us any favours with general public opinion on shooting sports.

I on't think cats are a problem in snares, it has been said a few times but it is worth repeating, a dead cat tells no tales.

There are more wild european cats out there than you might think aswell.

They look similar to domestic tabby cats but tend to be a lot bushier with bigger tails and tend to live in scotland.

silvestr.jpg

Nice links.

Did somebody actually take the time to write all that for cats?

If you get one in a snare the owner is obviously not providing for its welfare, so they would commit the offence not you.

The 'hit' would be for criminal damage, but you would have a 'reasonable excuse'

Maybe

im genuinely staggered by what some ppl have said on this thread... your all entitled to your opinions but when you blert them on an open forum your not only besmirching the rest of us your doing the same to the sport.... isnt there enough antis without ppl on here not only galvanizing them but giving them ammo against us and the sport?

GRAM71 your bang on and MurseaDave your right this thread needs removing as should any thread that leads to a few making us all look bad

i`ll say this god help the shooter that gets spotted with a stiffed cat or worse yet seen doing the deed by a member of the public youll find dead cats DO tell tales

Edited by hookbones

We should all be careful when setting snares to ensure as far as possible that only lawful quarry is caught and in the unfortunate circumstances of anything else being caught, like a domestic cat, we should make every attempt to release it unharmed.

This matter has had a fair debate, so it will be closed.