My fox trap works!!

joke209061

Recently there has been an explosion of fox population in my area. I was getting woken at stupid oclock every eivening with fox's mating calls, and/or the sounds of them fighting with the local cats.

So i thought id get a fox trap to drop the numbers, then i found they were upwards of 80-100 pounds. :good:

So i decided to build my own. :lol:

I spent £30 on materials, took 2 hours to knmock up and i set it with a chicken carcass about 3 weeks ago, i kept finding it et off but without fox, well a few tweeks later and as i was sat watching tv i heard some scratching wich i assumed was my squirrell trap, we have some in the loft, and turned to see a fox in my trap outside the back door where i had moved it prior to putting it in the shed in defeat. :good:

Only problem is my mother is coming to stay in 10 mins and will go mad if she finds me with a dead fox, so release is the only option, kind of annoying after all the bloody defeats. :lol::lol:

well here are the pics.

post-15774-1252616630.jpg

post-15774-1252616642.jpg

Edited by joke209061

Oh yes, im already looking forward to resetting the trap, only problem is hes wise to it now.

There was a 4 strong litter over the back fence in a small patch of trees in my neighbours garden, im in a town area and they've been making hell and all noise in the early hours. Im a shift worker so i need my sleep, they will come again, and they wont be so lucky next time.

As much as i enjoy my fox shooting they are fantastic looking animals and if i was in an area with no birds i would personaly leave them be, i have sat and watched them a few times and they are quite comical and happy looking when going about thier business.

Gixer,

Yes, pretty they may be, but I've had a bit of a downer on them since one got into my mates chicken coop one night, killed 28 of the 32 birds in there but only took 2 to eat.

They appear to be one of the only animals on this planet, (apart from humans), who will kill simply for fun.

Even my pet moggie tries to eat all of the birds and mice he catches.

How odd that somebody should go to the trouble of making a trap, only to release the fox once caught, couldn't you have put a blanket over it or explained it was to be released "later, back into the Countryside"..?? :no:

Cat.

They appear to be one of the only animals on this planet, (apart from humans), who will kill simply for fun.

If left undisturbed they will come back for everything mate, they are one of natures best hunters and make good use of the opportunity to kill. They don`t kill for fun! but it has been proved that dolphins kill for fun!