Eley Withdrawing Lightning shells

roughshooter

I was in a Eley dealers shop today and was told that Eley are withdrawing the sale of the Lightning cartridges due to excessive pressures (not just a bit over but a lot)

Anyone else heard this?

I very much doubt that is true.

Edit - maybe it is! I've just read elsewhere online that there was a powder metering error in the 36 gm shells and they are being recalled.

Edited by motty

Guest cookoff013

OR we could go back to longer barrels and slower burns!

that wont change a thing. my 24g steel 1400fps recoils as much as a 24g lead at the same speed. same numbers from the n/s recoil-ometer.

• 2 weeks later...

I know a shop that still has some of these for sale. Should I be sticking up or best avoided?

Mind you they were £11 something a box!

**** paying £11 a box for some steel, if you shop around you can get boxes of 10 mammoths for about £3 and they are equally as good.

i was getting boxes of 10 for £3 from john coppins last season, so its about half the price of lightening steel. Im not convinced Coppins have any structure on their pricing, i think he makes it up as he goes along, but he always has everything in stock and is a real nice chap so i won't complain :lol:

If you are ever down this way for some fowling on the Wash then i would more than happily meet up and bring you a whole stack of them, or vice versa if i am ever in scotland i could bring some to you :good: