My .25 FAC Rapid almost done!

Crash72

It's getting there, my custom built stock and tuned regulated .25 FAC Rapid by A&M Gunsmiths. Looking to push 65 ftlb's and 1 inch groups or better at 100 yards with 25 grain JSB Exact Kings. Should be with me in 2 weeks. Excited is an understatement. Watch out corvids! Scope will be a MTC Connect and colour matte black. A detailed review and build list coming soon along with hunting footage

It still needs painting, which will be textured black, the bipod installed and the MTC Connect scope. Adrian is power and accuracy testing it at the moment. Also putting on a carbon fiber Marksman silencer When fired it sounds like my sub 12 Air Arms, which amazed me.

Some others

post-67799-0-53960200-1405691659_thumb.jpg

post-67799-0-96957600-1405691671_thumb.jpg

post-67799-0-46404200-1405691684_thumb.jpg

post-67799-0-56818300-1405691799_thumb.jpg

post-67799-0-01410400-1405691830_thumb.jpg

It's getting there, my custom built stock and tuned regulated .25 FAC Rapid by A&M Gunsmiths. Looking to push 65 ftlb's and 1 inch groups or better at 100 yards with 25 grain JSB Exact Kings. Should be with me in 2 weeks. Excited is an understatement. Watch out corvids! Scope will be a MTC Connect and colour matte black. A detailed review and build list coming soon along with hunting footage

It still needs painting, which will be textured black, the bipod installed and the MTC Connect scope. Adrian is power and accuracy testing it at the moment. Also putting on a carbon fiber Marksman silencer When fired it sounds like my sub 12 Air Arms, which amazed me.

Some others

Thats looking great Crash, i look forward to hearing more about it when finished, i have come to the conclusion that

my kalbrigun cricket .22 @26 fpe is the ideal power for fac air, giving lots of shots , a flat trajectory, with enough knockdown power.

mind you shooting the wolverine .303 is still great fun!!!, good luck Crash with the .25 happy shooting!!!!!

atb brian

Will do Brian. This is strictly a corvid killer out to 100 + yards sitting in a hide :-)

I have heard great things about the cricket, I might have to get one at a later date although I'm loving the FAC Sumatra!!! I just put down a deposit on a Sako Quad Varmint .17 hmr so may the good times roll.

have to agree with dekers,,

I know its what you want and I can certainly understand that and having it custom built, by the way it will look superb when its finished, but like dekers I cant see the need or for you to "want" a .25 rapid running at 65ftlb for shooting corvids,, please note its just my opinion mind,

I think you will find it very hard to get a pellet in .25 that will be stable enough to get 1" groups at 100yrds

now your wolverine now that's a different matter being 303 as has been proven but they where shooting Hogs,

I certainly hope it works out for you because that will be a cracking piece of kit,

I struggle to get 1 inch groups with a .22rf at 70yrds never mind 100yrds with a pellet

good luck with the project and I,ll certainly look forward to seeing the results

atb Evo

Thanks Evo but like you, we will have to see. It's a gun I have always wanted to build so fingers crossed on how it will shoot at that distance. To be honest a consistent 2 inch group would put a smile on my face :-)

Edited by Crash72

Adrian at A&M Gunsmiths is range and field testing it at the moment but we are hoping for the JSB King pellet (25.4 grains) to sing along at 1050 fps giving approx 65 ftlb's. So a very flat trajectory :-)

Edited by Crash72