Lilly,s Kitchen Dog Food

bruno22rf

After being off her food for a while and generally being uninterested in life in general I came across this tinned food in good old Tesco,s and was initially shocked at the price. But considering the price of food in general I went mad and bought 5 tins to see if our dog liked them-to say that I am impressed is a gross understatement-she has devoured each and every one and, for the first time ever, she chases her empty bowl around removing every tiny morsel. Anyone has similar experiences or have anything good or bad to report about this stuff?

My two have been on it for ages as it contains no cereals. The price shot up when a channel four programme "the truth about dog food" gave lily's kitchen praise.

I just buy the dried biscuits though. Woodland walk being a favourite.

They love the food and I know it's not full of rubbish like most foods

After being off her food for a while and generally being uninterested in life in general I came across this tinned food in good old Tesco,s and was initially shocked at the price. But considering the price of food in general I went mad and bought 5 tins to see if our dog liked them-to say that I am impressed is a gross understatement-she has devoured each and every one and, for the first time ever, she chases her empty bowl around removing every tiny morsel. Anyone has similar experiences or have anything good or bad to report about this stuff?

It would be cheaper to employ a chef, a waiter, a nutritionist and fitness guru for your dog than to buy that. Getting on for £90 per 15KG's.

:no:

Still expensive though at around £50 a month , I feed two dogs for half that amount .

Not knocking it though if you can afford it and your dog likes it fair enough.

Have you compared it against another tinned wet food though or against a dry food , in my experience any dog will woof down a tin of meat with more relish than a bowl of dry.

It's nearer £90 for 15KG's for dry sacks. Eighty odd pounds for 14KG's.

Based on you using a sack every 2 months ( conservative estimate) for 1 dog it's one and a half quid a day. I can feed 4 a healthy balanced diet of both fresh meat and dried kibble at that cost.

If you get in quick...there's an offer on for 6 of their tins of dog food. On offer at, drum roll-----just under £12 for 6 tins of 400g !

Edited by Bazooka

Unfortunately it is all our dog will eat. Great stuff but expensive.

We have been trying to ween her off by adding a larger amount of kibble each time but she aint daft!

Just don't feed it for a couple of days, it'll eat owt you put in front of it.

You might be better off addressing this rather than finding food that excites her.