guns taken

gerry

Without knowing all the facts I am loathe to pass opinion but I am disappointed at some of the replies. I'm sure some of the things that have been written would not be said in a face to face conversation.

Perhaps there should be a built-in delay on email programs so people can think about what they have written before hitting the send button.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could you ever hit your own son. He had previous for violence ....must have been bought up really well. I'm surprised you got a ticket in the first place.

with a very heavy heart must have been bought up really well maybe he was we don't no so don't judge

He said he struck out, could have been one punch or slap, maybe even a push. The son could have then fallen and been injured more than from the initial strike. He may only have been taken to hospital because he asked to be, or as a standard procedure for a check up, or as previously said, self caused injuries from trashing the car.

If someone trashed your car, then entered your house and started on your wife, would you strike out? I know I would defend my wife. So long as your use reasonable force or are preventing greater harm you are within your rights.

Sound alike a bad situation, i mean with the son, not the guns. If your actions were defensive, or minor I hope you get it sorted. If you have trouble with rage and are super violent, I hope you don't.

How could you ever hit your own son. He had previous for violence ....must have been bought up really well. I'm surprised you got a ticket in the first place.

How can some Sons (and Daughters) kill their own Parents..........................BUT they do !

I presume you mean pre-emptive strike.

The OP wasn't about to get hit - according to is post - he hit his son when he saw that his car had been vandalised.

Just what this has to do with the thread is beyond me. Just another pop at the Police for no good reason.

That was a typo error with predictive text responsible.

It's not a pop at police, I appreciate the job they do. It's just a common example of 2 sets of persons who use force and can also have firearms off duty in their private lives. The op if he acted reasonably in the circumstances should be fine.

Best advice I have is ask to speak to your Local Firearms Officer and ask him what the situation is

The guys on here will give you opinions based on what you said ,,,,,, what they think you said,, or just off the cuff remarks,, 99% very well meaning, but the only people who can tell you what to do is 1:- a solicitor, if you can afford one, or 2:- your Local Firearms Officer

personally I would go for a chat with the Firearms Officer, he might just surprise you and it may not be as dire as you are thinking

Best of Luck

Ray

This is good advice and this topic can now close.