What are your thoughts on A1 Pro Decoys?

Has anyone used them for a period of time and can confirm their durability?

Any deals on them Oscar@A1?

Or maybe a sample to try ?

They are £3.99 each, but we have deals on 6 and 12. 6 is £20 and 12 is £38. Plus you get your 5% discount!

Oscar

I have the solid decoys from A1 and they are great!! I bought mine about 18 months ago so probably not exactly the same, but I have pigeons commiting to them!! I have to say, I have used A1 3 times for equipment now and can't fault service or quality!!

Hope this helps

Atb

Lloydi

I have the solid decoys from A1 and they are great!! I bought mine about 18 months ago so probably not exactly the same, but I have pigeons commiting to them!! I have to say, I have used A1 3 times for equipment now and can't fault service or quality!!

Hope this helps

Atb

Lloydi

Thank you for the kind remarks. Glad you are happy with the products and service.

Kind regards,

Oscar

Edited by Oscar@A1

Im just outside bristol and always use A1, cant fault the gear or service...

I'm Bristol based. Earlier this year I needed a rotary in a hurry ( the bearings had seized on my original) Deciding to support a local company I rang A1, a lady answered and handed me over to what sounded like an older rather than a younger chap. I explained the urgency and asked if I could pop across the city and pick one up. A rather blunt, almost rude, uncompromising reply was NO we're mail order only. It wasn't just the message but the way it was delivered. So I went elsewhere and will never return.

Ok they've arrived................first impressions are that they're quite lifelike and light but more bulky to carry than shells as they don't stack. Can't comment on if these are lighter in colour than the originals as don't have an old one to compare it with. These new ones will not turn tail to wind either like the originals did.

I'll report back after I've used them on Tuesday.

Edited by Suffolkngood

I'm Bristol based. Earlier this year I needed a rotary in a hurry ( the bearings had seized on my original) Deciding to support a local company I rang A1, a lady answered and handed me over to what sounded like an older rather than a younger chap. I explained the urgency and asked if I could pop across the city and pick one up. A rather blunt, almost rude, uncompromising reply was NO we're mail order only. It wasn't just the message but the way it was delivered. So I went elsewhere and will never return.

Maybe you're a little sensitive. Always polite people to deal with having dealt with them in person, phone and web chat.

Cos

Maybe you're a little sensitive. Always polite people to deal with having dealt with them in person, phone and web chat.

Cos

Hi Cosd, thank you for your thoughts.

Without wishing to be argumentative and unnecessarily extending this particular aspect of the topic, permit me to assure you that I have a skin as thick as a rhino. And at me age I also recognise rudeness when I am subjected to it. And I speak as I find. Hence my comment.

Best wishes.

Sorry to post a negative repsonse but I have some full bodied pigeon decoys from A1 and I do not like them as they are black plastic underneath the flocking. Are yours the same?? Turn one upside down and you will be able to tell from where the peg or rod supplied goes in.......

I do try and look after flocked stuff but inevitably it comes off so black bits show through. Just a preference thing for me as by my own admission I am a bit picky.....

I think in general the companies that make decoys could do better with colours to reflect a real woodie..... first thing I do is improve the white neck patches with paint and a bit of pigeon blue to the tail and exposed back area again probably not really necessary but boosts my confidence...

BTW if you want them to spin/move a bit more just drill some bigger holes in them.

Anyone had experience using these? If so, what are the pros and cons?

i realise that they'll not be as good as dead birds but they look (on website) more lifelike that the std flocked shells.

Thanks

Edited by Andra

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So because someone said no to collection you went else where? Bit short sited don't you think?

I've used A1 ever since I returned to the UK, and bought a lot of kit off them. Always good service, and if anything arrived broken, or faulty, it was replaced no quibble. Excellent customer care. And that's been 4 getting on 5 years now (I travelled the world for 38-39 years)

If you want to make your old pigeon decoys look like new, order some of the A1 pigeon socks and slip those over, they really look excellent.

I haven't tried them yet, but have 30 on order and awaiting delivery, and will report on them when I get to use them, but from what I've seen in films they look good, and some other shooters I know use them to great effect (and far cheaper than buying a new full body decoy)