jamed cartridge

bigfish1

Hi every body I would like some advice please if poss . I have a baikel over and under it a old gun but somtimes wen Ive shot boath barrels the bottom cartridge jams in and the ejector is jamed aswell . So I have to put cleaning rod down barell to knock emty cart out do use no what the cause is please . Only happens every now and again I use clear pigeon carts thanks .

Thanks for replys ive never took ejectors out to clean dont no how to I tryd one but didnt force them incase I brooke them .ive noticed mine sticks somtimes when open slowly but then it pops out but wen it jams its solid .cant pull it out with fingers .

If it only occurs with a particular brand of cartridge, try another make. It sometimes happens.

Good clean and a thin coat of lubricant first off should solve the problem. I had a similar problem and the stem had very slightly bent out of shape, you could only tell by putting a straight edge on it but that was causing it to hang up six times out of ten. That was not on the same make but they are all much the same idea. I would think that should do it but have a look at the chambers as well. Doubt they will be mucky but will not hurt to give them a good polish as well.