4 x 4 Sprinter

johnnytheboy

So it's getting time to sell my short wheel base g-wagon which is a fun toy just for me and buy something family orientated, I was thinking either a long wheel base defender with roof top tent type thingy, or a 4x4 sprinter and giving it a camper conversion (diy I'm not made of money)

Has anyone real experience with a 4x4 sprinter? Driving difficulties such as low bridges? Would it be additional cost on ferries etc? I'm looking for any issues that I might not be aware of from owning such a strange vehicle!

Road tax is not a concern as my g-wag is already the dearest category, mpg should hopefully be better than the 12mpg I currently get

I would like second hand, it seems that most windmill installers use them, and as soon as the world finds out how much energy a windmill actually makes that market should implode, the VW emissions scandal will be nothing compared with that lol

If ferries etc are on length then a swb would be the better choice, thanks for this!

I noticed every ambulance in Iceland was a 4x4 sprinter! We have had a few into our work as well that's what got me curious about them!

You know it would make sense to waxoil & wrap the G Wagon in cotton wool as an investment :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

lol yip tam I don't quite give my cars the action you do! Respect where it's due yours get used they way it should do, mines are more ornamental

i do work for Mercedes and am always impressed by what the 4x4 (and 6x6) Sprinter can do - here's all the van range going through the paces at Millbrook back in June - you may want to turn the sound off - horrible library music chosen by the client.

Edited by me and featuring drone footage from Billy.

FYI - the 4x4 have normal road tyres on just to show how well they still perform offroad

Oh and all the crashing into barriers is in specially modified vans where we can switch the safety features off to show the difference