My day - Spent the morning getting this bad boy in

Mungler

DSCN0927.jpg

DSCN0926.jpg

Buffalo River digital lock 14 gun cabinet. Had to take a stud wall out to get it in under the stairs.

Found time to pop into Eastern Sporting and got 100 rounds of .243 free as Alan was having a clear out of the odds and **** ammo before going onto some nre fangled digital system. Few rounds of 22-50 and .308 going as well by the look of it.

Edited by Mungler

Nice! :good:

I've got the 10 gun Buffalo River. Is there not a backup key for when the batteries go flat on the 14 gun? On mine there is a keyhole behind the digital display.

I see you have the same problem with your Xtrema that I have... having to put it in at an angle! Is yours a 28" barrel too? I reckon the 26" barrel would just fit!

On the smaller buffalo safes the locker only comes part way across allowing long barrels to go up one side which seems a good idea, but less room for ammo. I don't know why the bigger safes have the locker across the full width.

Mung, can I jump in on the "what happens" questions too please ?

"What happens if you trip, fall into it, the door closes behind you & locks, you havent got your mobile and the missus is away for the weekend ?" :lol:

(I would suggest carrying cutting gear with you everytime you walk past it just in case the worst happens... :good: )

EDIT: Just to get the PW health & safety at it, please show the full pictures of you strimming the carpet without goggles and pushing it in using a tele-loader without steel toe-cap boots or a hi-vis jacket.

Edited by LV

"What happens if you trip, fall into it, the door closes behind you & locks, you havent got your mobile and the missus is away for the weekend ?" :lol:

(I would suggest carrying cutting gear with you everytime you walk past it just in case the worst happens... :good: )

I don't think that you are taking this seriously, a mobile phone would not work inside a steel box, and wouldn't it be more convenient to store the cutting gear inside the safe permanently?

What happens if you were locked inside and your guns were outside, would this be a breach of your SGC conditions? :lol:

Yep the extrema2 and the F3 are a squeeze. Alex I agree, it would have made sense for the top box not to to extend the whole width but to be honest for the money (which included delivery, batteries and rawl bolt fixings) and bearing in mind someone made it, painted it, carpeted it, stuck it in for CE and BS certification and put it on a container to the UK, I have no idea how they do it for so little. Love a Billy Bargain.

EDIT: Just to get the PW health & safety at it, please show the full pictures of you strimming the carpet without goggles and pushing it in using a tele-loader without steel toe-cap boots or a hi-vis jacket.

Yep the extrema2 and the F3 are a squeeze. Alex I agree, it would have made sense for the top box not to to extend the whole width but to be honest for the money (which included delivery, batteries and rawl bolt fixings) and bearing in mind someone made it, painted it, carpeted it, stuck it in for CE and BS certification and put it on a container to the UK, I have no idea how they do it for so little. Love a Billy Bargain.

Yep I too am in the 'Buffaloe River club'. I have to drop the barrel of one of the auto's as there is not enough head room.

Can we start our own club? Or forum? We can share experiences of installation, beauty and such like?

Edited by starlight32

Surely for safety you should drill a hole in the side and install a land line phone, that way you have covered both angles of being trapped and no signal on phone.

However you should note that whoever you call will have to be a registered SGC holder with your guns on their cert so that you can give them the number of the safe otherwise you may be breaking the law and all your guns would have to be removed.

Tell you what it's so nice to just pop in the number and get guns in / out. My only suggestion would be to make the top ammo box digital as well to make it completely grief free.

The fact that it will not take a 32" shotty bolt upright is a pain but hey ho, nothing is ever perfect.

Mung,

Did you help your secretary fix it to the wall? or did you just leave her to get on with it?

The problem is with a combination code is that when I tell everyone what the code is you are then breaking the conditions of your FAC. Whereas you still don't know where my keys are kept.

I thought that you would have come up with a more original code than 12345. Or is that so you can remember it by reciting "Once I caught a fish alive"?