Cut-Throat Razor Shaving

Billy.

A while back I bought what I thought was a nice little set with a cut throat razor, brushes etc, but after realising that £30 on the entire set is just too cheap to make it any decent, I've decided to do it properly.

I know a decent razor should be £100+ so I'm prepared! Can anyone give me some links or tips on the best kit to get? I would want to get a strop and all the sharpening kit too, so any advice on that would be good also.

Cheers! :rolleyes:

boy ,do that bring back memories . Many ,Many years ago saturday used to be the day my mate and me used to hit the town and the lash . Drink in the local pups untill 4.00 pm and then down to the barbers shop for a shave . The old boy used to shave with a cut throat razor and was he good . Used to have a shave a packet of french letters and he used to do a hot toddy while you sat there al for the princely sum half a crown . Then back out on the lash for the second part of the day .

Harnser .

boy ,do that bring back memories . Many ,Many years ago saturday used to be the day my mate and me used to hit the town and the lash . Drink in the local pups untill 4.00 pm and then down to the barbers shop for a shave . The old boy used to shave with a cut throat razor and was he good . Used to have a shave a packet of french letters and he used to do a hot toddy while you sat there al for the princely sum half a crown . Then back out on the lash for the second part of the day .

Harnser .

sounds like a perfect day Harnser.

i had my first cut throat shave in Norwich, somewhere near the Cathedral, then went on the lash in Tomblands

sounds like a perfect day Harnser.

i had my first cut throat shave in Norwich, somewhere near the Cathedral, then went on the lash in Tomblands

We used to drink in all the pups around tombland and into prince of wales road and would allways finish up in the sampson and hercules on tomb-land . Oh happy days .

Harnser .