Moles!!

coops

Most farmers within my area have a rather large mole problem and I have been asked by several to get rid of em, so in order to keep my shooting land i would like to know from all, the ways to kill em, and the best traps to get??

I've tried the flettern out the hills and wait early in the morning to shot em, but most farmers like the love ins with the lady friends, so best not to disturb a horny farmer hey.....

Never tried poison, so not to keen on that idea...

I would appreciate your news and views!!

:good:

Poison may not be a good idea anyway just incase the Animals on the farm get a bit of it IF the mole brings a bit to the surface :good:

Don't you need a Liccence for Poisons ?

I have a load of traps for moles on the pretence i was to gain permission by offering the mole rid services for shooting BUT we don't seem to have a problem with them on the farms i have visited.

More farms next week and HOPEFULLY a permission :lol:

LG

I trap moles when i shoot.got 8 Claw or scissor traps i like cos you can see from a distance if it is sprung or not.good fun really.Have found the Duffus or tunnel traps good at times but some need too much pressure to spring em and fiddly in the field (for me anyway) to set on hair trigger.The scissor ones do get kicked over by livestock though.Got to get all scent off by leaving them in soil.Dont touch the business end with bare hands.Make sure they are well covered when set so no light gets in.Loads of advice to be had from proper trappers,probably a few on this site. Get my claw traps on ebay.Beware the ones with fine chains holding trigger rust thru quick.Good trapping.

Poison may not be a good idea anyway just incase the Animals on the farm get a bit of it IF the mole brings a bit to the surface :good:

Don't you need a Liccence for Poisons ?

I have a load of traps for moles on the pretence i was to gain permission by offering the mole rid services for shooting BUT we don't seem to have a problem with them on the farms i have visited.

More farms next week and HOPEFULLY a permission :lol:

LG

the simple solution to using poisons is to be employed for the day by a farmer whom is liscenced to use them.that way youre covered (in principle)

• 2 weeks later...

Juicy fruit chewing gum. The little ****** love it, but their bodies can't deal with it, so they die.

Just open the packet and sticks when wearing latex gloes (or similar) so not to get scent on the sticks and then put a half a stick down near the hills. That'll soon sort them out.

Trust me

• 4 months later...
Most farmers within my area have a rather large mole problem and I have been asked by several to get rid of em,

Cant they just go to their GP like everyone else :lol:

:DI was going for the diesel/duff Chainsaw exzaust pipe down the hole, until Henry D said as I interperated..."dont bother "

Whats the best answer?:lol:???

I've got moles that need sorting, and I don't want to mess around. PM Me

Watching a "static pile of Mole Hill"! for hours aint what I want 2 do...

Westons Cider and Old Rosie keeps calling me........Your advise WANTED!!

Mike From Worcester!!

PS Pls dont tell me to drown them with Cider :oops: ...

One of my permisions has asked if I can deal with moles. The "hoover pipe off the exhaust" sounds good to me but how fast are they on the ground 'cos I dont got a shottie?

Between Eddie Irvine and Ralph Schumacher.

But no fast than Lewis Hamiltom..... :lol:

Ive caught them on the surface , n patted them on the head with a shovel..

I'm also quite a regular at our local Bun shop! :lol: So their not that fast!!

What can be really annoying, is that they dig new holes really quickly (If the goings soft)

I'm giving them a "go" on an old smokie petrol strimmer today,

I'll let you know if I need to slim down, maybe post some pics if there anygood!

Drovers :oops:

One of my permisions has asked if I can deal with moles. The "hoover pipe off the exhaust" sounds good to me but how fast are they on the ground 'cos I dont got a shottie?

Between Eddie Irvine and Ralph Schumacher.

But no fast than Lewis Hamiltom..... :D

Ive caught them on the surface , n patted them on the head with a shovel..

I'm also quite a regular at our local Bun shop! :o So their not that fast!!

What can be really annoying, is that they dig new holes really quickly (If the goings soft)

I'm giving them a "go" on an old smokie petrol strimmer today,

I'll let you know if I need to slim down, maybe post some pics if there anygood!

Drovers :oops:

Gave up with the strimmer, and used a Pug 406 diesel thats got 285,000 miles... on the clock.

Put a hose pipe up the exzaust and gaffer taped it in place. :good:

Had 30 Meters of garden hose, and gave each Mole hill 5 minutes of Pug Power. (15 in total, thats 1hrs 15 minutes, and prob less than one gallon of diesel on tickover?) :yes:

After the Chemical Ali treatment, flattend each mole hill so I could see if there was any movement.

Nothing came up...So no running required so far. (time for another Bun!) :good:

Did all this at 16:00hrs today.

Checked at 20:00hrs No new movements...Will see if this has been a result by tomorrow and over the next few days. :)

NB If you try reving the car the gaffer tapes gives up and the pipe pops off. :/

Be careful who observes you when taping a hose pipe to the exzaust, one neighbour asked me if I'd had a bad day..... :D

Drovers

• 3 weeks later...

I read somewhere about blokes peeing on molehills to get the moles to move away. I tried this with the ones in my garden - no more moles.

I also have a couple of rugby club field permissions that had the same problem till I pee'd there. I have also heard that blokes urine smells stronger than womens - perhaps moles think something 'orrible and hungry has scented their patch and move on. It seems to work for whatever reason.