Boy killed with Air Gun

carld41

What do you suppose will happen to the other boy?

Nothing! the lad is 12 and under the age of responsibilty to handle, own, be given the gun etc? you must be 14 at least to start to come into capabilty of using an air gun, seems likely the adult owner of the gun will get the backwash

KW

Nothing! the lad is 12 and under the age of responsibilty to handle, own, be given the gun etc? you must be 14 at least to start to come into capabilty of using an air gun, seems likely the adult owner of the gun will get the backwash

KW

To right to. Guns are fine in the hands of children if they are properly supervised, but in the hands of children unsupervised or supervised by idiots (see daily mail reader) they become dangerous.

There was the Manager of Swansea rifle club being interviewed on the news, He said they are firearms and lethal,with a scoped Air Arms S200 on the desk I don't think he worded his statement very well. They are obviously lethal in the wrong hands the same as a car or knife is, but they are not a firearm under 12ftlbs, He didn't do air gunning any favours. But this is not the time I suppose for this type of debate. Like I said in an earlier post my sympathies are with the family.Being a father of two I cant begin to imagine what they are going through.

i still stand by my view that they should be on some form of licence and must be locked away like a shotgun . It would save many kids from being put in this possition

Fully agree, however it seems this may be a little more than "tragic accident" kid was shot twice in the chest?

mind boggling stuff

KW

Fully agree, however it seems this may be a little more than "tragic accident" kid was shot twice in the chest?

mind boggling stuff

KW

I agree..... I think to allow two 12 year old boys to play 'cowboys & indians' with an air rifle isn't a tragic accident......its crazy!!!! surely the owner of the rifle is the one to share big part of the blame.... ???

And if the owner of the rifle says ' I just didn't think............', well, there have been plenty of incidents like this to make us ALL think...... If you own an air weapon, its YOUR responsibility to ensure it is locked away safe,.. and people who use it are correctly supervised,.....these simple steps would surely reduce these incidents to virtually nil.....

With the greatest sympathy to the boys family,... one can only hope this incident makes people secure their air weapons... or if they dont use them anymore, dispose of them out of harms way........ there are so many airguns out there now, no licencing system could stop this happening again...

I hope this is the last time I read one of these threads,.... RIP, and condolences again to the boys family....,

Comp

May be it comes down to the maturity of the child, but I don't think my 11 year old would ever point an airgun at some one else, Not that he ever uses one with out supervision.

I know plenty of 17/18 year olds that I wouldn't trust with a pea shooter. Its all down to maturity, not age

AIRGUNS ,should not be on an FAC ,the laws in the UK are more than strict enough ,you can kill someone with a knife a hammer or a Motor car ,shooters in this Country have suffered enough over the years, by ill thought out and knee jerk reaction to every Gun death or accident ,the public at large and children need education and respect for guns ,not New half *** Laws, THAT DO NO GOOD!!!! FARM BOY

AIRGUNS ,should not be on an FAC ,the laws in the UK are more than strict enough ,you can kill someone with a knife a hammer or a Motor car ,shooters in this Country have suffered enough over the years, by ill thought out and knee jerk reaction to every Gun death or accident ,the public at large and children need education and respect for guns ,not New half *** Laws, THAT DO NO GOOD!!!! FARM BOY

Agree totally, education not knee jerk reactions.

very well said mate. didnt see it in that manner. that anything can kill someone. lets have a license to use powertools. i dont think so.