road kill deer how much is it worth?

bicykillgaz

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys need some help and preferably today

my wife rang me on her way to work to tell me she had just passed a roe on the side of the road looking quite dead, so i grabbed a selection of knifes and a big fishing bag and stuffed it all into a smaller bag and set off on my bike (i don't drive) to look for it after about 25-30mins i found it, i whipped the guts out so it would fold and fit into my big bag and as i went to set off on my bike i found my front tyre was punchered so i began the long journey home on foot with deer and bike.

i've just finished butchering it as best i could i did it as if it was just a big rabbit not sure if it was right or wrong but it's done now, just need to finish washing it all. the back end is pretty damaged but still a lot of salvagable meat.

i would really appreciate if anyone could tell me roughly what sort of price to ask for when i offer it to the butchers round here or if you yourself would like to take it off my hands how much would you offer? if you pm me ill call you if you have questions or want to arrange collection

gary

Do not eat it or offer it for sale. there have been cases of imobalon being used by vets to destroy casualties and this is very toxic to humans even small amounts can kill. strange but deer recover well from its use, as good a reason as any to not buy or eat poached or less provident venison