road kill deer how much is it worth?

bicykillgaz

Gaz

This has been the best thread for ages, my ex wife is from Lincs (Boston) so have relived this event many times and I just crack up laughing. I wish i could go out for a days shooting with you you would be great company. Hope to see the pics and best of luck with the job hunting, tough times

all the best

Doc :P:yes::lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaz

This has been the best thread for ages, my ex wife is from Lincs (Boston) so have relived this event many times and I just crack up laughing. I wish i could go out for a days shooting with you you would be great company. Hope to see the pics and best of luck with the job hunting, tough times

all the best

Doc :yes::lol::lol::lol::D

glad it's kept everyone amused i really enjoyed the experience in a strange sort of way even the long walk home i got a few funny looks with my blood stained jeans where blood had seeped through the seems of the bag down the back of my legs :look: , i know you only want me to with you so i can carry your deer :P

A great read, thanks for sharing your experiences, just have this picture in my head Man+Bike with flat tyre+Deer..makes me chuckle.... :lol::lol:

im trying to sort the pictures of the bike and dears head now, but im not too good with computers how do i load them on to this site?

i couldn't post the pitcures there too big sorry! i've e-mailed them too doc he's gonna see if he can work his magic on them but it wont be till next week, if anyone else wants to give it a go pm me and ill send you them :P

cheers gary

Edited by gazgainsborough

But surely any vet would tag a euthanised deer as such? Must be pretty high up the irresponsible list if they left an unmarked carcasse next to the road?

Not irresponsible if arrangements have been made for it's collection! What do you suggest?

The crazy idea to me is eating something you have found dead at the side of the road!

I'm loving this thread...lol

Aren't you supposed to grallock a Deer straight away, and gut it.

I watched that kill it cook it eat it programme and they say that if the guts aren't removed straight away the stomach gases start to build up bloating it out and it spoils the meat.

I wouldn't eat anything like that unless i had seen it killed and grallocked, or been assured that it had been done to a good standard.

Leave it well alone and put it down to experience :good:

Edited by evilstoat

Guest rimotu66

Gaz, youve got top marks from me.. great write up and I like your go get em attitude to trying something that a lot of people would shy from.

As has been said, good luck with getting a permission, and either get some of that puncture repair in a can or pass your driving test mate... :good::good: