Vehicles

Lez325

I use my 4x4 for shooting or should I say getting to where Im shooting - having too much gear and little idea-and my question is - Does the location of your vehicle whilst on the shoot matter?

Would birds be put off if I parked in the same hedge line etc??

I usually stick the truck 100 yards away under a large tree if the location permits- to avoid shooting in mostly :blink: :good::good:

Thoughts anyone?

Les :lol:

I park my 4x4 as far away as possible from my hide.

Light flashing on the windows is probably the biggest problem and I suppose you could always buy a cheapo ex MoD net to drape over it.

Having said that, I have stood behind my truck and shot birds steadily dropping into some woodland.

Some days the birds ignore the vehicle and other days they are off the field as soon as I pull up. :blink:

We quite often park our truck where we are shooting and use it as a hide and we have shot some of our best bags like this.

When we do park it away from the hide the pigeons ignore it and quite often fly over it.

Pigeons a used to seeing cars/trucks/tractors etc every day so they tend to ignore them.

I too have put nets around the car for a hide and have had super bags this way . In my experiance pigeons dont pay no never mind to vehicles on the field . I will also use the car as a scarecrow and park it on the field were I dont want the birds to land . A couple of bin liners or plastic bags trapped in the top of the windows will blow around act as a bird scarer .

Harnser .

• 2 weeks later...