Acorns and Hawthorns

pigeon controller

We had a quick afternoon run to find some birds as the weather for saturday is rubbish, picked DB up at 14.30 and drove out into the bright sun. Found some birds by two ex bomb craters with hawthorns all round them and three mature oak trees between them. Set up under the one oak and started shooting at about 15.30 it was all over by 17.00 and we picked up 78 birds which were full of acorns and hawthorns. This is the first time this year that we have found then feeding hard on berrie and nuts

september2009017.jpg

I make regular trips to an office in a business park in Birmingham, just off J4 of the M6 near the NEC.

Every time I go there, there's a constant stream of woodies flighting directly over the business park, I see literally thousands every time I go there, yet I've never heard anybody shooting them.

Cat.

I make regular trips to an office in a business park in Birmingham, just off J4 of the M6 near the NEC.

Every time I go there, there's a constant stream of woodies flighting directly over the business park, I see literally thousands every time I go there, yet I've never heard anybody shooting them.

Cat.

I Think that is Topgunners territory it is by the Packington Estate, We tend to shoot south west of Birmingham, but thanks for the info.

There was a nice stiff wind on this afternoon so grabbed a couple of hours on the edge of a wood they were flighting over. Shot 6 for 17 shots :rolleyes: and just prepped them for supper. All had hawthorn berries inside their crop. Woods still much too green for roosting obviously. Checked a few N Norfolk rape fields which were void of birds.

Edited by Whitebridges